Chapter 129: An Odd Spear, The Ancient Magi's Tome?

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

omewhere far away, within an unknown zone at the depths of the Interior Regions. The air here was unusual, giving one a feeling of pure heaviness as if the world itself was trying to compress all things within its range.

If one looked around this land, they would see a vast range of hills that reached as far as the eye could perceive, with remnants of old edifices built at their highest peaks. Many types of vines fell from the corners of these ancient structures traveling all the way to the verdant meadows that lay beneath these ranges.

A strange wind blew within these fields stirring the grasses as it swept away the leaves towards the distant fields. A rather common but peculiar scenario in this realm filled with the unusually severe pressures.

Step! Step! Step!

If one listened carefully, they would also hear the sound of footsteps that calmly traversed these vast fields. Moving one's gaze towards a specific location one would see a silhouette that slowly made its way towards these hills from a distance, after a bit of wandering the individual's outline began to fade revealing the previously indistinct form.

It was a handsome young man with long silver hair that fell down the back of his neck, and sharp looking silver eyes that seemed as if they could pierce through all things. His expression was calm giving one a feeling of pure confidence as nothing in the world could hinder his path, the pressures of the world that was prevalent in this strange environment was only capable of causing him to work up a slight amount of sweat as casually traversed the land.

He wore well-fitted robes with silver markings along with dark-colored pants adorned with unique patterns. If one looked at his equipment, they would see a pair of silvery black gauntlets equipped on both of his arms along with a long silver spear strapped on his back.

The young man continued to walk for what seemed like an eternity within these pressuring ranges only coming to a stop the very moment he arrived at the central location of the surrounding mountains and hills. In front of him was an unusual construct, covered with dried up moss and rust. If one observed it from a broader perspective, one would see that it was a large pole that stretched from the earth towards the depths of the sky as if it was trying to break through the very limits of the heavens itself.

This pole was a spear, a gigantic spear with overwhelmingly exaggerated size, with half of its shaft plunged into the earth along with a sharp tip that continuously gleamed in a baleful light despite the corrosion due to the passage of time. A terrifying pressure was currently being emitted from its entirety as if it was a sleeping dragon that could wake at any moment, resulting in the overwhelming forces that oppressed the entire region.

Looking at the massive spear before him, the Zang Xu spoke with a look of interest on his face. "Is it you? Are you the one that summoned me since the very moment I entered this strange land?"

As Zang Xu said this, he couldn't help but glanced around to examine the spear before him carefully. After a bit of inspection, the interest on his face turned to that of indifference as he spoke to the massive spear with a tone filled with arrogance. "You are indeed a marvelous treasure, to be capable of withstanding such a long passage of time and still carry such a domineering will. If it were anyone else, they would have been a great partner for you, but my path is my own. I do not require your aid for a true spearman forges his own path, and my weapon is the very spear I carry on my back. I will not abandon it for another tool..."