Chapter 246 The Poison Witch, A Strange Scene?

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

The night came quickly as the colorful radiance of the cosmos painted the sky, while the stars shone brightly, a light wind blew across the open sky carrying with it the fresh nightly air. This wind trailed towards a cliff, one so tall it stretched into the clouds. Peering beyond the hazy mountain, one would see a fantastic scene: the sight of a town with a myriad of ports built onto its peak.

Above this display was a series of vivid lights orbs that lit up a majority of the area, giving it an earthy feel despite its mystical atmosphere. As the night descended onto the Storm Rise Cliff, the bustling activities of today's event had already come to an end. Many practitioners that tried their hands at the Rising Chain Challenge were now wandering about the streets as they loafed. In contrast to them, however, a few others had already decided to call it a night, housing themselves into temporary inns in wait for tomorrow's travel.

At the center of the Storm Rise Cliff, were a myriad of buildings, one amongst them was a very expensive looking and luxurious inn, called the Stormy Night Lodge.

In the bottommost section of this inn, was a large and lively bar filled to the brim with famous rogues and disciples from various sects and factions. They sat and chatted amongst themselves about multiple rumors as well as today's proceedings.

"Oh, it's a pity, I didn't think that so many would have failed such a simple challenge, tsk! Now their fates are far beyond saving," A middle-aged man said with a hint of remorse on his face.

"What do you expect? It's not like they were all talented, to begin with, and they all knew of the risks. Even saving a single essence stone would have been enough for a common outer sect disciple to go mad at this chance, say not of simple rogue practitioners," A busty female said while shaking her head from side to side.

She was a peculiar looking beauty, a slender woman with a poisonous kind of charm as though her body didn't have an overabundance of curves and significant peaks. Her soft skin, and delicate lips curved into a smile as her green eye shades that ran across the corners of her narrow green eyes, gave her a dominant yet, flirtatious temperament.

She wore a dark green dress with a black waistband and had fishnet stockings, as the patterns of a few strange plants were adorned to her attire.

As the middle-aged man sat next to her, he couldn't help but take a whiff of her wafting fragrance, one causing him to feel light at heart. Yet, it was at this moment, his eyes flickered, and he regained his senses.

He then recalled her words and shrugged his shoulders as his face soon became one of disregard as he replied, "Tsk! I guess you're right, oh well, I can't keep worrying over those fellows, tomorrow's also the day when the Wind Ferry arrives, there's a lot of people headed for the Southern Pass this time. I think I should turn in early as I can expect that it will be a crowded ride..."

The woman smirked at his words and spoke in a coquettish tone while giving him a wink, "Hehe! Indeed, but on a different note why are you going to bed so early. The night is still young, and there's plenty of ways to pass the idle time..."

Hearing her suggestive words, the man started to sweat as he replied while backing up, "Ah? No-no-no! After what I've been through today, I certainly won't be able to fight another battle, especially with someone like you, miss Poison Witch. You'd best go find another man."