Chapter 21- The Battle Between Man and Beast 1

The world was now covered in an ominous looking hue of pure dark red, and the atmosphere began to change as if warning the world of something nefarious. From an obvious glance one could see that the end of twilight, drew near...

Screeeechhh!

With a loud whistle tearing through the air, an arrow soared across the sky instantly traversing the distance of 800 meters from a faraway tree. It penetrated deeply into a large rock causing a massive explosion destroying not only the 10-meter boulder but all rocks and trees within the area of 15 meters around.

Swish!

Shortly after, a robust looking figure wearing a sleeveless shirt and loose-fitting pants appeared. This figure glanced towards the destroyed area and noticed a crater that was roughly about 15 meters in length.

"Whew! The 3rd bolt of my <HuiMan Bow Arts> has finally reached its crescendo. Now I can say that I am about ready for the selections. Still, it's far away from cultivating to the next stage which requires - Bow Intent," Hui Ying said as he waved his hand, which then released a strange ripple of essence energy into the air causing the arrow that was previously shot to fly back towards him. He grasped the shaft and carefully adjusted it before placing it back into his quiver.

"Oh well, one step at a time. I wonder if fellow Daoist Feng had already left," Hui Ying said while looking towards the blood red sky that drifted into the darkness of night.

∞∞∞

Flash! Flash! Flash!

Like a ray of light, a figure beamed itself across the mountain range, flowing through the large shrubberies, maneuvering itself across tall ancient trees. Soon, however, it came to a stop resting atop its destination.

Flap! Flap! Flap!

Standing on top of an ancient tree that was 20 meters tall with a thickness that would require more than eight men to circle their arms around, Feng Yu stood silently with the resulting wind blowing his hair. His robe was making 'flap-flap' noises, as he solemnly glanced at the slope of the mountain below him.

It was a mountain valley, with a flattened section of land that was around 5 kilometers in length. The wild meadows that grew around it gave it a feeling of the savage wilds, but sadly, this area was occupied by more than just 'uncivilized' creatures.

Dozens of Silver Furred Apes where congregated around a central platform, and they were kneeling on the ground in reverence to the form that sat on top of the platform.

The Golden Furred Ape King sat in crossed-legged position as if it were pondering the mysteries of the world. But, looking closely at this ape, one could see that it was very upset, as its brows were furrowed intensely as if trying to suppress an uncontrollable amount of rage. Briefly, it opened its eyes and glanced towards the destroyed cave that was a few meters distance from its, following a series of deep craters, destroyed boulders, and fallen trees.

"Hmph! Golden Furred Ape King, you think I'd leave this mountain and not pay you back for my previous injuries. Today is the day we settle our score." With a snort, Feng Yu instantly declared his resolution towards the Golden Furred Ape King in his mind. As he remembered his previous dire straits because of the monkey liquor, a strong killing intent arose from deep within his being.

"Huuum..." After inhaling a deep breath of air, Feng Yu looked towards the Golden Furred Ape King and shouted with all his might, "Golden Furred Ape King! I Feng Yu Have Come!"

"I Feng Yu Have Come!"

"Come!... Come!... Come!"

____

End of chapter teaser, check out my website or amazon to read the full chapter and more:

https://www.shadowsnet.com/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX