Chapter 287 A Common Enemy, Plan's for the South

When Feng Yu and the others left the bustling stall, the scene behind only grew more heated as the on-spot auction had continued. They soon arrived at a decent inn and secured a place to stay for the night. By this time, Feng Yu, Dai Lin, and the others had gathered in a private room to discuss their current proceedings.

"Before we begin, is there anything that you guys already have planned that I should know about? Maybe persons to meet up with and other scenarios that you might have come across?" Feng Yu asked with a curious expression as he looked over the group.

Leon and Myria did not seem to mind much, they were mostly here to accompany Feng Yu, their other core interest was Miren Fei, who was similarly entirely focused on Feng Yu.

Dai Lin shook his head and spoke, "I didn't have such encounters, my path was rather smooth, except for a few hurdles during my travels in the Thunder's Path."

"Hurdles?" Feng Yu asked puzzledly, he heard rumors of the Thunder's Path and knew that it was of a similar danger comparable to the Formless Sword Ridge.

Dai Lin chuckled with a slightly recollective look in his eyes as he spoke, "Yes, some very peculiar Thunder Spirits, and Variation Essence Beasts."

When Feng Yu heard this, he was alarmed, he asked, "Thunder Spirits? You actually met such profound things in that pathway!"

Being a former Thunder Path practitioner himself, Feng Yu knew full well of the many different creatures and oddities that one can face as their practitioner's journey.

There are many different essence beasts in the world, divided into different ranks and classes, but other than them, there are entities much like those of the Ghost Clan. Transient lifeforms born of the various elements and myriad Martial Daos, taking on their properties by nature, thereby being able to wield them at a terrifying scale.

These are beings such as the Thunder Spirit, Flame Spirit, and others, rumors say that these spirits are not only capable of terrifying power, but are similarly beneficial to practitioners who walk the paths of various elements and obscure Martial Daos.

Dai Lin smirked at Feng Yu's expression as his eyes flickered with lightning when he replied cheekily, "Young Master, let's just say that I've made quite a few friends..."

Feng Yu clicked his teeth, hearing this as he looked at Dai Lin pensively, he no longer pestered him to reveal his cards.

While Lang Kuang and the others were a bit surprised about Dai Lin's words, they didn't overly ponder it, they looked at Feng Yu and spoke separately.

"I am ready to go, Young Master, I don't have other affairs like some people..." Miren Fei said as she hints towards Lang Kuang.

Tiana giggled and spoke, "Hehe, Silly Wolfie has become a Naughty Wolfie."

Pff! A few of them felt like laughing, causing Tuzi Baoli to blush and lower her head, Lang Kuang also felt a bit embarrassed as his face turned red, he spoke in a loud voice, "Hey, it's not like I expected this to happen, I have my reasons!"

"Right, sure..." Dai Lin said with an expression that implied he didn't believe him, Feng Yu chuckled at this as he looked at the scene.

Lang Kuang snorted not saying anything more on that topic, he looked at Feng Yu and spoke, "Young Master, I do indeed have a matter that I might need to deal with, but the only problem is I don't know when I'll need to take action."

Feng Yu was a bit puzzled by those words, he asked, "Hmm? What do you mean by taking action?"

Lang Kuang sighed and replied, "Well, it's like this, back near the Eastern Wilds, I met a mighty guy. We had made a few bets and ended up fighting to a draw. After that, I had acknowledged him as a newfound brother in arms, and we ventured to the south together. After we got here, he went off saying that he needs to ready himself some more before we meet again. Our bet was that we'd each do one person a favor, no matter what it was, and the favor he asked for was for me to help him kill a scum like no other."