Chapter 97 - The Silver Wolf of the Feral Zone

Join my discord to keep updated and see all information regarding the series(wiki):

https://discord.gg/ffVV7cV

Want to support Dual Sword God? Want more chapters? Join me on Patreon by following the link below:

www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

****

It was a dark environment, one in a constant state of nighttime.

The brightly shining stars lit up above the heavens giving color to this dark earth, as the round moon hanging high at its center would illuminate the surroundings with its cold moonlight. A wild pasture filled with dense grasses along with the exotic wildlife that stretched towards distant range to no end.

The Feral Zone... a dangerous place, home to many of this realm's most ferocious beastkind.

Swoooosh!

A chilly gust blew across this grassland, rustling the bushes and picking up tree leaves, causing them to glide across its endless reach. These leaves flew further and further across the meadows soon after reaching a vast open field, or rather...

A battleground...

Slash! Splash! Thud!

Following the sounds of flesh being sliced to pieces and corpses falling to the ground, the figure of a beastman soon appeared standing on top of the body belonging to a Nightfiend.

A terrifying lower-class fiendkin that thrives in darkness, typically known as natural born predators of the night. With bat-like wings and sharply pointed fangs at the corner of their mouths giving one a creepy feeling as their small narrow eyes gleamed in a dark light.

The Beastman who stood over the corpse was strange, with the head of a lion, and the body similar to that of a muscular man whose hair had grown wildly. He wore a type of leather armor with one big sword sheath on his back as his hands firmly grasped the hilt of a claymore that now pointed to the sky.

After slaughtering the lower-class fiend in one attack, the beastman lifted its head and roared, "Kill them all!"

"Eyaaa!" A loud collection of voices said, as a group of mixed beastkind charged forwards to their enemies that glided through the night in sleek style.

More clashes between steel, claws, and flesh resounded throughout the night scene as colorful splashes of blood splattered across the open field painting its meadows with their crimson-ish hues.

The Nightfiends were numerous and fought in a slippery manner, much like assassins of the darkness or this case, killers of the battlefield.

They seeped through the gaps left unguarded by the assaulting beast army and harvested the lives of many unsuspecting beastkind. Still, a majority of them died by the wild attacks of enraged beastkind members that decimated many at each strike.

The Beastman Leader seeing this frowned as he thought to himself, "How troublesome? If it continues this way, we will end up in an even more unfavorable circumstance, Chet! Why did this damn battlefield war had to start now? Things were already rough as it is surviving in this wilderness with these fiends now we have to also worry about the humans who have once more entered these realms. Truly a troublesome time..."

As he thought to himself, he couldn't help but move his eyes to round moon hanging high above the night sky at its now strange red glow that was slowly beginning to form.