Chapter 35 - Dai Lin's Strength, I'm Just a Passerby!

Read on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

****

Inside the Feng Clan Manor, within the meeting room.

The mood in the Feng Clan was a solemn one, as all the core elders and clan officials had gathered to the meeting hall for an emergency meeting. Seated at the head of the table was Feng Yunlong and Feng Junling while Elder Duan and Elder Chen sat to the right and left sides respectively. Currently, they were discussing the methods to scout the groups hidden within Machen Town.

"Reporting to Clan Leader, Supreme Elder, and Elders, so far we have found trails regarding the followers of the Prince of the Bright Flame Kingdom and the Genius of Western Shengyin Kingdom. With regards to Tang Wu and Xin Qing, while we have yet to locate their forces, we do have some trails," A man dressed in black said, as he wore a hawk-masquerade mask on his face.

Hearing his report, the elders relieved pondering expressions after a few moments of time Elder Chen asked another question, "What about the group from the Southern Wasteland? Who are they and where are their remaining followers?"

Feng Yunlong, Feng Junling and the rest of the members looked towards the man with the hawk-masquerade mask once more.

Hearing the question about the unknown youth from the Southern Wasteland, the hawk-masquerade masked man smiled wearily as he replied, "Replying to elders and core members, after deploying the zero team we have found no further information could about the group from the Southern Wasteland, it's as though they are wrapped in a thick layer of mystery. Subordinate assumes that they are from a very complex organization with strict training as they have left no trails to follow or glean information."

"Hmmm..." Feng Yunlong frowned as he heard the reply and started to tap his finger on the table while in thought.

Tap. Tap. Tap. The elders went silent as they saw the Clan Leaders expression. Soon, however, Feng Junling having thought of something decided to speak.

"Brother, there is no point in excessively pondering over the unknown, even if they pose to be a variable. They would still not know about our bottom line, in fact, no one does, and that is our basis of counter assault during the unexpected. If we worry about such small fry, then how would we have the face to go back to the Sacred Domain?"

Hearing Feng Junling speak the mood soon turned a bit lighter as Elder Duan added, "Haha! Supreme Elder Junling speaks right. Why should we the Feng Clan fret about anyone from this land?"

All the elders and core members who heard him had confident smiles on their faces as they made similar commentaries.

Hearing their comments, Feng Yunlong sighed, "Fine! We will not deploy excessive manpower to scout them. Instead, we will keep an eye out for unexpected changes, tell the crimson-mask unit 1 to report any changes," as he spoke he looked towards the man with the hawk-masquerade mask.

"By your command!" The hawk-masquerade masked man replied.

Sou! With a sway of his body, he transformed into a blur disappearing from the courtyard altogether. After which Feng Yunlong looked towards the elders and clan officials before speaking once more.

"Even though we were once powerful and stood amongst the very best of this world, it does not do us any good to become overconfident because we have regained some of our pros. It would do us good to have a certain degree of caution especially towards the unknown!" Feng Yunlong said in a solemn tone.