Chapter 103: The Prisoners Hall, Feng Yu's New Goal!

Join my discord to keep updated and see all information regarding the series(wiki):

https://discord.gg/ffVV7cV

Want to support Dual Sword God? Want more chapters? Join me on Patreon by following the link below:

www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

****

The night faded as the morning wind blew across the mountains, the harsh downpour drenching the world as most of dawns light remained obstructed by the ever so looming clouds. The transparent blue barrier remaining as imposing as ever, while the guards from last night's careful watch remained in their constant state of vigilance.

Inside of the Guards Resting Quarters, within a single bedroom.

The figure of a red-haired fiend who was seated in a cross-legged posture made an odd movement with one of his fingers.

He flicked his index finger towards a distant block of wood at the corner of the room, causing a sharp semi-transparent beam of white light to streak towards the small block of wood.

Chip-chip-chip! With exquisite precision, multiple pieces of the wood and sawdust fell to the ground as the block of wood became smoothly chipped revealing the finely sculpted design of a figure. It was a sculpture of an old man with his hands behind his back, who wore Daoist robes carrying a wise expression on his face. His wrinkles ever so prevalent as they seemed to be able to carve the weight of his experiences.

Suddenly, the meditating red-haired fiend opened its dark red eyes and exhaled, "Whew! I Finally managed to sculpt my old master. It seems that all of this night's sword realm training wasn't a total waste. My use with my half-step sword intent is getting better and better; I only miss that step to achieve the enlightenment needed to grasp its true essence."

As Feng Yu said this, he looked around the room at the ugly unrecognizable sculptures sliced into pieces about the room's floor. Shaking his head from side to side he then looked at the scene outside of his room window and spoke once more.

"Duty Calls!" Upon saying this, Feng Yu picked himself up from the ground and cracked his muscles which made a few snapping noises. He then willed placed his swords back on the back of his armor and slowly made his way outside of the room.

As he reached the door, a voice echoed inside of his head, "Today should prove to be a great day, Benefactor Feng..."

"Oh, so you're finally awake I see. Does Yun'er really think so?" Feng Yu replied in a slightly curious tone.

"I know so..." Jing Mingyun replied with a confident tone as she smiled while curling her semi-unconscious state body.

"Hmm, well I can only hope so..." Feng Yu replied in a deep tone as he still had a few layers of uncertainty regarding the prisoners of Palace Command.

Creakkk! Bang! The door of the room was opened and closed leaving behind the only the quiet messy room scene.

******

Today was a busy day for Reinz Palace; the newly appointed guards were scheduled to start their shifts at various posts.

A large group of differently equipped squads lined up at central courtyard that looking no different from any campground, some of these squad preparing to set foot towards the outer bases of the Endless Rain Zone where they will battle with rebel forces and threatening wildlife.