Chapter 85: The Scorched Battlefield, Feng Yu's Plan!

Join my discord to keep updated:

https://discord.gg/ffVV7cV

Want to support DSG? Want extra chapters? Join me on Patreon by following the link below:

www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

*****

The world was scorched black, as a sea of flames had consumed most of this region. Plumes of smoke rising to the air, as a waft of roasted flesh tickled the noses of all beings within its vicinity. Carefully looking at this devasted land, one would see a series of craters shaped in an unusual form, seeming to have been made by giant palms that pressed into the earth and blades that ruptured the land.

A scene that one could describe as 'the end,' resting in each of these craters were parts of odd creatures that had hardly recognizable blue skin. Their bodies burnt mostly to cinders, with the remnants remaining in scorched pieces. Their leggings-like armors mostly ruined along with any good weapons on their persons. Still, a few of the lucky ones had managed to stay intact and were stacked into piles located in remote corners of this ravaged battlefield.

The previous chilliness of the dense smog, replaced by a blazing air that burnt away all hidden beneath its covering. The time of dawn had long passed, moving the day steadily towards its peak. Now, a small group of humans could be seen moving about busily in this dreaded blazing field.

"Heave-Ho!" The group of practitioners yelled in unison, while they pull a massive dual bladed halberd wrapped with large chains from the corpse of a humongous creature. The chains made 'clink-clink' noises as they drew across the ground pulled the halberd at a steady pace towards a new stack of weapons.

A man looking at this scene couldn't help smile and shook his head in a depressed manner, as he spoke, "Sigh, who would have thought that these strange weapons wouldn't compatible with our Storage Ring's? Oh well, that halberd should be the last of these weapons it's time to report to the leaders."

As he finished his words, the man turned around and walked towards a tent located a few dozen meters away. While walking, he couldn't help but look at the ever burning flames and destroyed with a solemn expression as he thought to himself, "Such powerful monsters, these guys are certainly not humans. I thought I'd seen it all at battles against the Soul Eater Ghostfiends, but it seems as though we had only seen the tip of the iceberg."

While the man walked and contemplated, he soon arrived at the entrance of the tent. However, before he could voice his arrival, he was interrupted.

"Enter!" The voice of Xun Yanshan said.

Not wasting any time, the man promptly responded by entering and politely bowing his head to the two forms seated around a small table. He spoke, "Leader Xun and Leader Nei, this one has come to report on the collection of those strange weapons. We have successfully gathered all usable remnants that weren't destroyed by the battle."

As Xun Yanshan heard this, he nodded his head and replied, "Good work! Rally the remainder of our men and prepare, for we shall march towards the Central Regions once again."

"Yes, Leader Xun!" The man replied, as he dismissed himself from the tent and headed towards the groups of practitioners.

Nei Sinian who sat around the table looked towards Xun Yanshan and flicked his index finger. Within moments, a chart or rather a map explaining the battlefield zones in detail appear before their eyes.