Chapter 102: Jing Mingyun, An Ancient Memory...

Join my discord to keep updated and see all information regarding the series(wiki):

https://discord.gg/ffVV7cV

Want to support Dual Sword God? Want more chapters? Join me on Patreon by following the link below:

www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

****

Tonight, was a dark night at Reinz Palace. Yet, the stars remained unseen to all its mysteries shrouded by the gloomy clouds of this zone's eternal stormy weather. The guards of the palace were on strict shifts that demanded vigilance even at these late hours, looking around the palace's lookout posts one would see that each of the guards were on point as they eyed their surroundings likes hawks.

Outside of the palace was an endless range of mountains, which stood firmly in these harsh weathers. The thunders struck their rocky walls leaving bits of broken rocks that fell to the distant ground now and then while the waters of the rain wash down their surfaces, covering the trees and bushes that grew around and on top of them.

Flap-flap! The cicada-like wings of a small creature made every effort to flap through the harsh downpour as it slowly made its way towards the distant palace that loomed over the mountains. Soon, the creature landed on top of a tree that grew on top of one these hills; it panted for a short while before moving its glowing blue towards the palace and speaking, "Princess... fear not, for we shall rescue you!"

Its bright blue eyes light shining within this night scene, as multiple similar lights lit around its figure belonging to an army of small creatures that were on the same branch. They watched calmly as the barrier of water surrounding the palace rippled unusually now and then in a subtle manner to those on its inside.

Soon, the scene changed as a cold wind blew towards the palace once again traveling all the way into a building located at the west section of the palace grounds.

*****

Inside of the building, within a simply furnished room. The figure of a red-haired fiend sat on the floor in a cross-legged posture, his two swords placed on his laps as he adopted a trance-like state of meditation

"They've sent me to guard the prison cells, but how can I use this to aid my objectives? Hmm, Madam Prophet, what do you think of this kind of setting?" Feng Yu said in an odd manner as if taking to void itself.

Still, what became even odder was that void responded to his questioning.

"Fellow, or rather, Benefactor Feng. I've said it before and I will say it again please call me Yun'er..." A soft but cool voice said as if it was annoyed by the way of Feng Yu's address.

Feng Yu hearing this sighed as he thought to himself, "It hasn't been a week now since she's woken up and she's still so persistent in me addressing her in such a manner. Sigh, it seems like there is no way around it..." Quickly clearing his thoughts, he then once more rephrased, "Yun'er, how do you see our current circumstances?"

The voice remained silent for a while as within an unknown space, inside of a small cocoon a now fourteen and half year-old girl was resting in the fetal position. She had a warm smile on her face as the small amounts of thunderblaze energies from Feng Yu would seep into the cocoon flowing over her body parts giving her an 'enriched' and 'nourished' sensation.

Upon hearing Feng Yu's correction of words, the usual cold an pragmatic female slightly blushed but soon she responded, "It's not that bad, better than assigning you away from the castle. Why not try something with the prisoners?"