Chapter 94: A Shocking Change!

Join my discord to keep updated and see all information regarding the series(wiki):

https://discord.gg/ffVV7cV

Want to support Dual Sword God? Want more chapters? Join me on Patreon by following the link below:

www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

****

Within the Ancient Dragon Battlefield, Interior Zone...

Flying at the limits of the was a mansion-like fortress, it soared through the dense misty clouds as it made its way across the vast horizon. If one looked at the horizon's edge, they would notice a strange looking portal that seemed to be connected with the sky itself. It was as if a massive net had enclosed this misty zone leaving its only exit as the portal that rested at the edge of the horizon.

The mansion flew at a steady pace as it calmy traveled towards the distant portal, standing at critical posts of this mansion were a few capable looking individuals each wearing hawk-masks. The gazed around the environment with eyes not different from real 'hawks.'

One of the hawk-masked individuals looked towards the portal and spoke, "Hmm, it would seem that at this pace it will take us roughly about two to three months to reach the next zone. If that's so, it will probably take another 3 or 4 months to reach the Central Zone."

He then looked towards one of the other hawk-masked men and spoke, "You there! Go and report this news to the unit chief, also, let me know that details regarding the surroundings!"

"Understood!" The man replied as he promptly made his way to a command post within the mansion-fortress.

The other hawk-masked man then looked towards a much larger building which had the symbol of phoenix engraved on its surface and spoke in a voice that only he could hear, "I wonder how the main member's strengths are progressing..."

As he said this, he couldn't help but reveal a pondering expression but soon he was distracted by a sudden change.

Swish! Swish! Swish! Instantly, three individuals soared from misty clouds traveling towards the mansion at full speed. They rode on top of burning disc-like artifacts that formed a small barrier of fire around their figures.

The hawk-masked man seeing these individuals then relaxed his alertness as he commanded, "Let them in, they should be returning from today's 'harvesting'"

Following his words, a barrier that was surrounding the mansion soon after vanished allowing the crimson-masked men to land their flying disk artifacts onto the grounds of a wide courtyard. Upon doing this, they then nodded their heads towards the Hawkeye group and headed directly towards central hall.

The hawk-masked man seeing this nodded his head and spoke, "Em. It looks like today was a great harvest..." His words trailing away with the rising wind that blew towards this central hall.

Inside of the Feng Manor central hall, around a central table.

All of the core elders of the family could now be seen seated around the table with serious expressions on their faces, while a few of them were discussing amongst themselves in hushed tones.

"Why is the head calling another emergency meeting? Did they not say we should use the time wisely to recover our previous strengths?" One of the core officials said.

"I have no idea... but, don't you feeling kind of different?"Another core official responded in a slightly unusual tone.

"Eh? Different? Now that you mentioned it, I did feel a bit strange earlier today; I feel as if my mind had become sharper and my breath has changed to a certain degree..." The core official replied in a soft tone.