Chapter 187 - The Mysterious Ghost? A Strange Party!

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

Swoosh! A chilly wind blew within this gloomy scene as if trying to comfort the newly departed souls of the previous battle. Currently, a red-haired youth was slowly making his way towards a nearby carriage. The draft would stir his robe, causing it to make 'flapping' noises. While this youth moved towards the carriage, he would pat the bottom of his chin with his fingers as a thoughtful expression shrouded his face.

"This sword technique is powerful... but it still has its drawbacks. While its primary role was to block and absorb energy-based attacks, due to the nature of 'Black Lightning' it is now capable of devouring tangible objects. Things that share metallic traits..."

As Feng Yu thought to here, his mind wandered back towards the scene of the darkness devouring the various weapons of the bandits. He spoke softly, "Although this additional effect is quite powerful, it has now hindered the full capabilities of the sword technique. Because it cannot devour the weapons at a rapid enough rate, most of the devouring and binding power of the thunders are focused on the absorption of the weapons. Thus, making anyone with a decent degree of cultivation capable of freeing themselves from its constraints."

Upon saying this, Feng Yu looked at the location of the bandit leader's corpse as well as the massive broken Two-Handed Sword which was pierced into the ground as he muttered. "If any of those bandits were at the 2 Tier of True Foundation realm, then this technique would have greatly weakened, resulting in only blocking and dispersing their attacks."

As Feng Yu pondered quietly, both Toram and Tira looked at him in shock, as unlike Dai Lin and Leon who have each seen Feng Yu's superior strength. They have never seen him act, only listening to his tales from Lang Kuang within the Ancient Dragon Battlefield.

They looked at each other with a sigh as they could only marvel at his abilities. Dai Lin looked at Feng Yu with a hint of spark in his eyes as he thought to himself, "The Young Master has certainly grown stronger in these six months... I had to swallow a lot of those divine thunders to reach the 6 Tier of Aura Disciple realm. While I'm not surprised that he could cultivate this quickly, I am only shocked by the level strength his displaying. If we were to fight It's hard to say who would win in our normal states..."

Leon looked at Feng Yu quietly as he pondered, "He's already reached the initial success of this Heaven Rank Sword Method. Truly a talent worthy of praise, after all, it's only been a few days. Not to mention that he's unearthed two dominant techniques. Hmm, it's quite strange, though. If I were to recall properly, the previous practitioners who used this technique weren't capable of devouring weapons. Could this be a variation caused by that dark-colored sword of his? It seems that father was right about this sword, it is a truly unusual weapon..."

Not long after, Feng Yu had arrived before the carriage; he looked at the awestruck Toram and Tira before he glanced at the combative Dai Lin and shaking his head.

Swish! Feng Yu then jumped from the ground as he launched into the air like a floating leaf that soon after landed at the carriage's front door. As he did this, he then entered the carriage before leaving behind a few words, "Let's continue..."

As Dai Lin heard these words, he cleared his thoughts and looked around at the spooky miasma and ruins for a short moment. His eyes flashed with a hint of reminiscence causing him to speak in a voice only he could hear, "Such a pity... this home of mine now ruined. It seems that my destiny, as always will forever be one of tragedy."