Chapter 124: A Father's Son, Mother and Daughter...

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

The air bore a certain kind of heaviness as the tension between father and son rose to its peak, a stifling stillness wandering the room of which would usually be filled with the sound of forging.

Strangely though, the only noise that could be heard was that of the crackling from a strange blue flame which burned at the center of the strange looking block; its light illuminating the forms of the two dwarfins along with the reflective tiles and pieces of furniture inside of the room.

Zyne looked at the young dwarfin before him with a hint of regret in his eyes as his mind soon after fell into an ancient well of memories, his consciousness momentarily sinking into a dazed state.

The Dwarfin seeing Zyne's state grew angrier as he shouted, "Do you dare to ignore me as I stand before you? Zyne..." He said hatefully, no longer using the word 'father.'

As if he was jolted by the young dwarfin's words Zyne quickly woke from his daze, he then flipped his hammer around with one hand as smiled while responding, "I have aged... always falling into a state of dreams, only there can I remember the days of the old..."

"And why should I care about your silly dreams of old times?" The dwarfin said with a sneer on his face as he looked towards Zyne as he was looking at a clown.

Zyne hearing his words shook his head slightly as he gazed deeply into the eyes of dwarfin before speaking, "It seems you truly do hate me now, have you forgotten what you called me moments ago? It is natural that I will dream of the past between you, me, and Ir........"

"Don't you ever mention her name?!!!" The young dwarfin shouted at the top of his voice, causing the palace shake due to his current unstable energies.

Outside of the palace's crystal tower, a few individuals were startled by the sudden rumbling, as well as the terrifying energies that spread of for a moment of time.

The gathered natives who were previous discussing this meeting between father and son shaking their heads as they looked towards one of the main palace's crystal towers with interest.

"Some things never change..." One of them said in a dull tone of voice, the others nodding their heads in compliance as they continued their current tasks.

A reasonable distance away within an outdoor tavern for palace guests sat a few dwarfins around a huge table, they laughed and conversed amongst themselves while drinking larges jars of booze.

Suddenly, an elder among those dwarfin's looked towards the distant crystal tower that rippled for a moment before knitting his brows and speaking in a voice only he could hear.

"It seems that the prince has really gone to interrogate the past king. Sigh... such a pity it is that their relationship may never be able to mend even if time ends..." He murmured under his breath as he sat within the tavern while drinking his whiskey.

A few other natives also noticed this scene, including the some of the newly arriving alliance members but they didn't pay attention for too long as they had to quickly arrange themselves for tomorrow's alliance meeting.

Traveling back towards the room where Zyne and the now unstable dwarfin stood, one would notice that the pieces of furniture that were augmented by an unusual power were toppled over, a few books with design charts were also scattered on the ground with their pages open. The young dwarfin heavily panting as he looked towards the calm looking Zyne who closed his mouth after hearing his words.