Chapter 7: The Girl who Lived

Later back in the Leaky Cauldron, Hagrid and Athena, are at a long table, eating soup. Everything is too quiet, Hagrid soon notices this.

Hagrid: You all right, Athena? You seem very quiet.
Athena: He killed my parents, didn't he? The one who gave me this. You know, Hagrid, I know you do.
Hagrid: [sighs and pushes his bowl away] First, and understand this, Athena, 'cause it's very important. Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad. A few years ago, there was one wizard who went as bad as you can go. And his name was V-...his name was V-...

"You won't get him to say it" "yeah we've already tried" the marauders declared.

Athena: Maybe if you wrote it down?
Hagrid: No, I can't spell it. All right. [quietly] Voldemort.

The marauders and the Prewett twins gaped whilst many shivered at hearing his name. The future generation rolled their eyes.

Athena: Voldemort?
Hagrid: Shh!!

Athena looks around to see if anyone heard it.

Hagrid: It was dark times, Athena, dark times. [We flash over to a flashback on the night at Godric's hollow, consisting off a cloaked man walking towards a house, breaking in with his wand, and proceeding to terrorize. Hagrid narrates.] Voldemort started to gather some followers, brought 'em over to the dark side. Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead. Your parents fought against him, but nobody lived once he decided to kill 'em. [Athena's mother, Lily, screams in pain as she is killed by Voldemort's wand. Green flashes are seen from the windows outside the house. Then, we see Voldemort pointing his wand at an infant Athena Potter's head.] Nobody...not one. 'Cept you.
[We flash back to the present time.]

Many cried at Lily's death and hearing her scream. Marlene, Dorcas and Alice brought Lily into a tight hug whispering comfort to each other. James was teary eyed, Remus had a solemn look so did Sirius. Athena was crying on Hermione's shoulder. Minnie wiped away a few tears and most of the teachers looked down.

Athena: Me? Voldemort tried to kill...me?
Hagrid: Yes. That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead, Athena. A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse...and an evil curse at that.
Athena: What happened to...to You-Know-Who?

"I think that's the only time you didn't say his name" chuckled Ron, Athena smiled at him "fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself" After hearing that many took into consideration of what Athena had just said.

Hagrid: Well, some say he died. Codswallop in my opinion. Nope, I reckon he's out there, still, too tired to carry on. But one thing's absolutely certain. Something about you stumped him that night. That's why you're famous. That's why everybody knows your name. You're the girl who lived.

"YOU! YOU KILLED THE DARK LORD B-BUT YOU WERE A BABY!" Screamed Walburga "looks like your lord ain't all big and powerful now if he got destroyed by a baby is he mother" smirked Sirius "suck on that you ugly bitch" Sirius then flipped his 'mother' off. Euphemia just shakes her head at the boys antics. Most death eaters in the hall were fuming and constantly questioning how a baby killed their lord. "I hate being called that" Athena growled. "Really" Draco raised his eyebrow "yeah because it reminds me that I was the only one who survived out me and my parents" Draco nodded and looked down. Maybe he was wrong about Athena Potter. Fred looked at Athena and stared at her that was until he got nudged by George and noticed 2 angry Potters, Sirius and Remus glaring at him.

————————————————————————————————————————

A/N:
Hello loves! How did you find this chapter? I'm still not 100% sure if I should make Fred the love interest. But there's 1 thing for sure I WILL make sure he lives!
Make sure you drink some water and take your medication🤍
Have a good day/night
I love you

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️