Chapter 14: Rogue bludger

In the library, Hermione pulls a book titled "Most Potente Potions" off the shelf, then walks a few rows to where Athena and Ron are.

The parents and teachers narrow their eyes at the trio who looked anywhere but them. Fred and George were smirking whilst Ginny and Neville were trying to hide their laughter.

Hermione: Here it is, the Polyjuice Potion. [reads from the book] "Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another."
Ron: You mean, if Athena and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Pansy?

"Ewww who would want to be them" Neville scrunched his nose, Draco looked at Ron and Athena they smiled innocently "I knew they were acting weird merlin how could I be so stupid" "probably all that bleach affecting your brain" "shut up Athena" "You going to cry Draco" they stuck their tongues out at each other then laugh. The parents of the kids smile.

Hermione: Yes.
Ron: [he and Athena exchange grins] Wicked. Malfoy will tell us anything.
Hermione: [smiles slightly at their motivation] Exactly, but it's tricky. [glancing at the book again] I've never seen a more complicated potion.
Athena: Well, how long will it take to make?
Hermione: [looking up at Athena] A month.
Athena: A month?! But, Hermione... if Malfoy is the Heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then!
Hermione: I know, but it's the only plan we've got.

Many looked worried. However, the trouble makers started smirking.

We join the Quidditch match in mid-game. The crows roars watching as Slytherin Chasers, bent low over their new brooms, jet past the overmatched Gryffindors.

"QUIDDITCH!!! EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP" James screamed at the top of his lungs. Everyone rolled their eyes whilst Mia hexed James to stay glued to his seat, James went to protest but Lily hexed his mouth to keep shut, Mia and Lily high-fived. All anyone heard was James' muffled screams and protest.

Hagrid: Gallopin' Gorgons! Slytherin's flyin' like they got dragon fire in their brooms...

Gryffindors grumble.

Ron fumes, looking as though he takes Slytherin's dominance personally. Taking Hagrid's giant binoculars, he trains them on the faculty box -- where Lucius Malfoy sits next to Snape.

Everyone groans at the sight of Malfoy whilst said boy just looked down into his lap. Andromeda saw this and called him over to sit with them, she gave him a welcoming smile. Lucius looked her up then down and gave her a small smile back. Tonks climbed over Narcissa and Draco and sat on Lucius' lap, he froze and looked at the tiny girl, her hair turned yellow and started smiling. He smiled back and slowly started warming up to her.

Athena circles high above the pitch, searching for the Golden Snitch. Suddenly, Malfoy streaks by overhead.

Draco: All right there, Scarhead?

"Was that the best you got Malfoy" taunted Athena "I thought it was good" "Good?! That was terrible" laughed Ginny "I know now that it's bad" Draco chuckled. Athena shook her head at the boy but laughed nonetheless.

Athena turns, eyes Malfoy malevolently. Behind her, a bludger drops into frame, begins to streak towards her head.

"Duck!" "Look out"

George: ATHENA! WATCH OUT!

Athena wheels and at the last possible moment, slips the whistling Bludger. CRACK! George swoops down, bats it away.