Chapter 27: Backfire

Athena: [coming to another passageway to the right, she beckons Ron and Lockhart to follow her] This way. [the three walk into a cavern-like room with a massive and lengthy snakeskin on the floor]
Ron: [as Athena walks along the snakeskin] What's this?
Lockhart: [feeling nervous] It looks like a... snake.
Athena: [as she examines it] It's a snakeskin.

"Merlin that's big" Arthur whispered but due to the hall being silent those around Arthur heard what he said, "That's what she said" winked Sirius who ended up being slapped by Remus.

Ron: Bloody hell. Whatever shed this must be sixty feet long. Or more. [Lockhart faints, most likely from fear] [sarcastically as Athena turns her attention to Lockhart] Heart of a lion, this one.
Lockhart: [suddenly grabbing Ron's wand and getting to his feet while breathing wickedly and pointing the wand at Athena] The adventure ends here, girl, boy. But don't fret. The world will know our story. How I was too late to save the girl, [points the wand at Ron] how you two tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body. So... [points the wand at Athena again] ...you first, Ms. Potter. Say good-bye to your memories. [waves the wand wildly as he shouts] Obliviate!

"No!" Scream the twos parents and friends. Lily sent hexes young Lockhart's way whilst Dorcas and Alice tried to keep Marlene from killing him, Dorcas had to take Lily's wand and tackle her to the floor. Remus was trying to keep Moony at bay, James and Sirius were being held back by Mia and Monty, Frank had joined the Prewett twins in trying to keep Molly and Arthur calm. Neville, Fred and George were being held back by Athena, Ron, Hermione and Draco. The slytherins who liked Athena (Regulus, Barty, Narcissa and Andromeda) were being held back by their friends and husbands. Whilst the rest of the great hall shout curses at the screen.

The wand emits green light, causing Lockhart to fly backwards, slam into the wall, then fall to the floor. A couple seconds later, a rumbling begins, then rocks begin to fall from the ceiling; Athena takes cover as huge rocks go flying over her while Ron backs up against the wall as the rocks form a massive pile.

"Oh no!" "Take cover!" "We're you two okay?" Asked a scared Remus, "we were okay Remus don't worry" Ron shrugged "What about me!" Shouts young Lockhart, getting many glares, "Why would we want to know if you were okay" sassed Lily.

Ron: [coughing from the dust produced by the rocks] Athena! [Athena pulls her robe free from one of the rocks] Athena!
Athena: [running to a opening in the big pile of rocks separating her from Ron] Ron! Ron, are you okay?
Ron: I'm fine!
Lockhart: [groans and sits up] Hello. Who are you?
Ron: Um... Ron Weasley.
Lockhart: Really? And, uh... who-who am I?
Ron: [realizing Lockhart has erased his own memory by accident, he turns toward Athena again] Lockhart's memory charm backfired! He hasn't got a clue who he is!
Lockhart: [picks up a small rock as Athena watches through the opening] It's an odd sort of place this is, isn't it? [tosses the rock in his hand then glances at Ron] Do you live here?

Everyone laughs.

Ron: [taking the rock from Lockhart] No.
Lockhart: Really? [Ron smacks Lockhart on the back of the head with the rock, knocking him out; Athena winks slightly]
Athena: Good hit Ron!

People laugh even harder, especially the Lockhart haters club.

Ron: [glancing at Athena through the opening again] What do I do now?
Athena: You wait here, and try and shift some of this rock so we can get back through. I'll go on and find Ginny.
Ron: [as Athena turns and climbs down from the pile of rocks] Okay.

Athena draws her wand as she steps onto the floor again and walks forward. Up ahead, she sees a circular door with seven snake-shaped locks on it, and steps towards it.

Athena: Hesha- Hassah. (Open.)

An eighth snake slithers out from the door's mechanical hinge, and slithers along the door's edge, causing the other seven snakes to retract one by one. As the snake slithers back into the hinge, the door slowly opens. Athena steps forward; on the other side is the Chamber of Secrets. Athena cautiously steps through the door, into the Chamber, towards the ladder in the doorway.

"Holy shit" many say. "It's real" gaped the current Minister of Magic. The Slytherins smiled slightly.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
How was this chapter?
We've finally reached the chamberrr who is excited?
Who likes the new cover for this story???😆 it's only temporary tho until I make one that I really like
Have a great day/night
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication otherwise you'll be obligated by Lockhart🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️