Chapter 29: The Basilisk

Athena turns to face the statue of Salazar Slytherin as a rumbling begins; Riddle turns around to face her as the statue's mouth starts to open.

All the ex deatheaters glare at Riddle

Riddle: Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Athena Potter.

"C'mon baby you can do this" shouts Lily, many shouted encouragement at on screen Athena "Let's go Potter! Beat the shit out of that liar" Cheered Bellatrix.

Athena gulps and turns toward the statue again as she hears an ominous snarling that appears to be coming from inside the statue and hyperventilates; Riddle turns to face the statue's mouth as the Basilisk shrieks "Hungry!" from within the statue. The stone slab concealing the statue's mouth stops descending; a split second afterwards, the Basilisk emerges from the darkness and starts to come into the light, growling menacingly. Athena throws the Sorting Hat onto the floor in front of Ginny and races back towards the door to the Chamber as the Basilisk's head comes out of the statue's mouth and its snake-like body lowers into the surrounding water; Riddle, immune to the Basilisk's lethal gaze, watches the creature.

"Holy shit" "Mr Lupin watch your language" "Sorry Minnie"

Riddle: Sethae- He- This! (Kill her!) [turns his attention to the fleeing Athena as the Basilisk's body curves to its right behind it] Parseltongue won't save you now, Potter. [the Basilisk's tail drops into the water behind him] It only obeys me!

The Basilisk slithers after Athena with a ferocious growl. Athena races down the corridor as fast as she can while the Basilisk is in hot pursuit; unfortunately, Athena loses her footing on the slippery floor and trips, allowing the Basilisk to catch up with her. Her glasses clatter to the floor in front of her; she immediately puts them back on before realizing the Basilisk is right above her and covers her head with her hands. Just as the Basilisk is about to attack Athena, Fawkes emits his cry, getting their attention. Fawkes swoops down, going directly for the Basilisk, and attacks the colossal snake, pecking at it, with Athena observing their fight by watching their shadows on the wall.

"I fucking love that bird" James declared making many nod in agreement.

Riddle: No! Your bird may have blinded the Basilisk, but it can still hear you.

Athena turns around to see that the Basilisk's yellow eyes are bloody. The Basilisk thrashes around furiously as Fawkes flies off; Athena gets to her feet, and steps backwards, stepping into something slimy, causing a splattering sound; Athena looks down to see what he stepped in. At the same time, the Basilisk stops thrashing about and blindly glares at Athena, who looks up again and makes a run for a passageway to her right. The Basilisk lunges at Athena, nearly getting her.

"FUCKING RUN" screamed Lily making many look at her in shock. Mia put her head in Montys neck too scared to watch whilst Remus grabbed Sirius' hand, they both turned red and took their hands apart.

Athena, breathing heavily, runs as fast as she can, into a tunnel just to her left as the Basilisk lunges at her again, smashing through a stalactite. Athena runs through the tunnel, looking back to see if the Basilisk is still behind her; she turns left into an alcove, only to find her path blocked by a grate. She struggles to move it, but turns around upon hearing the Basilisk coming into the tunnel. She steps back against the grate, as the Basilisk comes to her position. The Basilisk hisses at her and approaches her with its mouth open. Athena picks up a rock at her feet and throws it; the sound of the rock distracts the Basilisk, who slithers off into another passageway. Athena races back into the Chamber where Riddle and Ginny are.

The auroras nodded their head, thinking that that was a good move, whilst many who now like Athena including the ex deatheaters were ghostly pale.

Riddle: Yes, Potter. The process is nearly complete. [Athena puts her hand on Ginny's hand again] In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley will be dead, and I will cease to be a memory. [Athena looks up at him] Lord Voldemort will return... very... much... alive.
Athena: [glancing at Ginny again] Ginny...

The Basilisk bursts out of the water surrounding the Slytherin statue and thrashes about; Athena turns toward the Sorting Hat, where a sword magically appears.

"That wasn't there before, was it?" James questioned turning to Remus who shook his head.

Athena, without hesitation, grabs the sword and holds it up defensively as the Basilisk slithers toward her. Athena races for the statue and begins to climb it; the Basilisk blindly follows Athena's movements, using its tongue to track her location and lifts its body off the floor. The Basilisk uses its tongue again to find Athena's current position directly in front of it; Athena swings the sword at the Basilisk; it lunges directly at her, she dodges, and it smashes right into the statue. Athena climbs higher as the Basilisk lunges at her again, missing again; Athena climbs onto the top of the statue's head, the Basilisk lunges at Athena repeatedly as she swings the sword wildly at the creature. Eventually, the Basilisk sends Athena rolling down the side of the statue, causing her to lose the sword.

"No" Lily and James cried. Loads of people held their breath

Athena: [seeing the sword about to slide off the top of the statue's head] No.

Athena hurries to retrieve the sword; the Basilisk lunges right at Athena once more. Athena stops the sword just in time, and rams it right through the Basilisk's upper jaw. The Basilisk bellows in pain until Athena pulls the sword out. Athena screams in pain as one of the Basilisk's venomous fangs just fell into her arm; she pulls the fang out, unfortunately, the venom is already in her bloodstream.

The great hall are to shocked to say anything, everyone had tears streaming down their faces, Hermione started sobbing and Ron tried to hold his tears at bay, Fred and George openly cried, Neville cried on his mums shoulder and Draco shook his head in disbelief, Ginny was shaking.

The Basilisk thrashes around, roaring and bellowing in pain, collapsing under its weight, and falls backwards to the floor, dead, splashing water everywhere; Riddle stares at the Basilisk's corpse in disbelief.

"LETS FUCKING GO" Screams Remus! Everyone jumps up and cheers for onscreen Athena, people clap or hug their friends. Fred and George lift Athena up on their shoulders cheering. James and Sirius start dancing whilst Lily and her friends take pictures of the two boys. The Prewetts let off fireworks that somehow spell Athena's name, some students throw food in the air, whilst other students high-five each other. Overall it took an hour for the teachers to calm the students down. The hall looked like a colourful food bomb hit it. They all forget that onscreen Athena was injected with Basilisk venom.

———————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
Wow this chapter was a whirl wind
Have a great day/night
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication otherwise the Basilisk will come after you🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️