Chapter 4: Regulus Black

Athena is shown on her bed. Tossing and turning. She lets out loud sigh and sits up, eyes wandering around the bedroom again, spotting the desk. She gets up and walks over. Sitting down in the chair, Athena looks through the draws of the desk, she stumbles upon a black dusty tattered book. At the bottom of the book there were gold engravings: 'R. A. B'.

"That's my diary" Regulus said. Athena looks over at him sheepishly, he waved her off "it's fine, I would've looked through someone's diary too"

Athena: 'R.A.B?'

Curious, she opens the book, landing on the first page. Neat, cursive handwritten was in the middle of the page 'Property of Regulus Arcturus Black'. She flips through the book landing on a random page.

Athena: 'September 27th 1979
I've tried my hardest to stall but it seems that I can no longer hold back. Today is the day I become a death eater. Today is the day I get the dark mark. I've had many a thought of running away like Sirius did but I'm too scared. No wonder Sirius was placed in Gryffindor. He's brave. I'm not. He was the one to stand up to our vile parents, he was the one to never stop being himself, he was the one who defied Mothers orders and he was the one to run away. I'm the one who was placed in Slytherin not Gryffindor. I'm the one who became my parents puppet. I'm the one who always followed my Mothers orders. To this day I still wonder what would've happened if Sirius came back and took me away. Would I be happy? Would we be brothers again? But here I am, writing in a book, scared to leave my bedroom. I know what awaits downstairs. I'm scared. I don't want this. I've never wanted this. I just wanted my parents to be proud of me but at what cost? The cost of mine and Sirius' bond. The cost of my entire life being a slave to a psychopath. No matter how much I write, I know, I will still have to get the dark mark. I know this will completely destroy the last bit of sibling bond with Sirius. He would never forgive me. But atlas the time has come. I must take my leave.

- Regulus'

"Reggie" Sirius eyed his brother, "I'm sorry, I should've taken you with me. I'm so so sorry". Regulus smiled sadly at his brother "it's all okay, changing the future right?" "Right" Sirius wrapped an arm around Regulus. Orion watched his two boys, sighing. If only he actually knew what was going on and didn't pull himself away from his boys and into his work. Maybe just maybe this would've never happened.

Athena: [Looking around the room in sympathy] Regulus never wanted to become a Death Eater...[Sighs deeply] I bet you died at the hands of Voldemort too

Those who were close to Regulus tensed. Regulus nodded his head in agreement with Athena.

Kreacher: [Snarling] What are you doing in Masters bedroom?

Many jump at the new voice. Sirius and James, being the drama queens they are, screamed and flew themselves off the sofa and onto the floor.

Athena jumps, dropping the diary. She swivels around in the chair and sees a house elf standing in the door way.

Athena: T-this is my room that I'm supposed to stay in. I can leave if you want. If it's too much trouble sir

Kreacher looks taken back at how polite the 'halfbreed' was. His face softens slightly but then turns cold.

"Oh not him" Sirius groans "Kreacher!" Regulus smiles.

Kreacher: Mistress is not happy with your kind in her house
Athena: Oh. I'm sorry...
Kreacher: Kreacher. Kreacher serves the Black Family
Athena: [She stands up and walks closer to Kreacher] It's nice to meet you, I'm Athena–
Kreacher: Kreacher knows who you are. Halfbreed.