Chapter 23: Through the Trap Door

It was nighttime in the Gryffindor Common Room. The three friends come down the stairs and begin to walk across the floor. They stop when they hear croaking.

Athena: Trevor.
Ron: Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!
Neville: [appears behind a chair] Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?
Athena: Now, Neville..brother, listen. We were -
Neville: No! I won't let you! [stands] You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you. [Neville holds out his fists.]

"That's my boy!" Shouts Frank pointing at his son.

Hermione: Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this...[takes out wand] Petrificus Totalus.

Many looked scared at Hermione whilst she just smirked at them.

Neville is frozen and falls backwards onto the ground Athena quickly magics a pillow for her brother to land on. Hermione puts her wand back.

The trio went to apologise again but Neville stuck his hand up "I should've never stopped you, if I had known you was planning on saving us I wouldn't have wasted your time" Neville smiled at the trio, they returned the smile.

Ron: [Gulp] You're a little scary sometimes...you know that? Brilliant, but scary.
Athena: Let's go. [Walks by Neville] Sorry brother, I would've told you but I don't want you getting into trouble or even worse hurting yourself if you decided to come with us.
Hermione: Sorry.
Ron: It's for your own good, you know.

The three are under the Invisibility cloak, sneaking along the corridor.

"Ahhh reminds me of the good old times" Sirius leans back putting his hands behind his head and winks at Remus. Remus grabs a pillow and hits him in the face. Bill, Charlie and Tonks all laugh at the scene and start hitting each other with pillows. It took a while to settle the kids down but once they were the movie continued.

Hermione: Ow! You stood on my foot!
Ron: Sorry. [A flame lights. Hermione draws out her wand and points it at the door.]
Hermione: Alohomora.

The door opens and they go in.

Ron: Wait a minute...he's....

The snore of the dog sends a soft blow of air towards the trio, the cape flutters off.

Ron: Sleeping.
Athena: Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp. [They approach the sleeping dog.]
Ron: Uh. It's got horrible breath!
Athena: We have to move its paw.
Ron: What?!
Athena: Come on! [grabs paw, which is blocking the door.] Okay. Push! [They strain and move it. They open the door.] I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign. [Fluffy's eyes open.] If something bad happens, get yourselves out...Does it seem a bit...quiet?

"Oh no" many chorused.

Hermione: The harp. It stopped playing. [Drool from one head comes down on Ron's shoulder.]
Ron: Ew! Yuck! Ugh.

All three kids slowly look up and see Fluffy standing there, all 3 heads snarling. Fluffy barks and growls, thrashing about, it breaks the harp and dives at the three.

"JUMP" "FUCKING JUMP" James and Arthur scream at the screen. Lily closes her eyes rocking back and forth trying to calm her breathing. Molly looks away from the screen too scared to watch.

Athena: Jump! Go! [They all jump through the trapdoor.]
Ron: Ahh! [gasps as he lands on some mushy black ropelike vines.] Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really.
Athena: Whoa! [The plant begins to move towards them.] Oh. Ahh! [The plant ties them up.]