Chapter 13: New seeker

That afternoon, outside the castle, the students, Gryffindor and Slytherin, are lined up in two rows with brooms by their sides. The teacher, Madam Hooch, comes down the line. She has short hair and hawk yellow eyes.

Hooch: Good afternoon, class.
Class: Good afternoon, Madam Hooch.
Hooch: Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon. [to the class] Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!
Class: Up!

After Athena said "Up"!, the broom immediately flies into her hand.

Athena: [amazed] Wow.

"She's a natural" James pointed at the screen excitedly.

Hermione stares at her as the class continues.

Draco: Up! [broomstick flies up and Draco smugly grins.]
Hooch: With feeling!
Hermione: [as her broomstick slowly rises] Up. Up. Up. Up.
Ron: Up!! [His broom immediately shot up and whacked him on the nose] Ooh! [Athena laughs] Shut up, Athena. [Ron then seemingly starts to laugh after he recovered]

Everyone laughed when the broom hit Ron.

Hooch: Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. [the class mounts on their broomsticks] When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2...

She blows the whistle. However, Neville's broomstick somehow lifts him off the ground. Neville immediately lifts off. He looks quite frightened.

Neville: Oh...
Hooch: Mr. Longbottom.
Girl: Neville, what are you doing?
Students: Neville...Neville...
Boy: We're not supposed to take off, yet.
Hooch: [Neville begins soaring away uncontrollably] M-M-Mr. Longbottom! Mr. Longbottom!
Neville: AHH!
Hooch: Mr. Longbottom!
Neville: Down! Down! Ahhhh!
Athena: Neville!
Neville: Help!!! [he immediately skyrockets towards the sky]
Hooch: Come back down this instant!
Neville: AHH!

He flies uncontrollably in the air and hits a wall, conking along it and then swooping off. All the while, he is screaming. He begins to zoom back towards the group of students. Hooch quickly holds out her wand to stop him.

Neville: Help!
Hooch: Mr. Longbottom-! [However, the students quickly stand back as Hooch dives out of the way, allowing Neville to fly right through. Neville goes through the scatter and up a tower.]
Neville: Ahhhh! Whoa! Ahhh! [zooms past a statue of a man with a sharp spear. Neville's cloak catches on it. He is flipped off the broom and hangs there.] Oh. Ah...help! [He wavers, then the cloak rips through the spear, and he falls. But his cloak catches on a torch, making Neville slip off from his cloak a second later and fell to the ground.] Ahh!

"NEVILLE" shouts Frank and Alice "We're you okay?" Alice asked checking him over, "I'm fine mum it's was years ago"

Hooch: Everyone out of the way! [She runs through the group, and they scatter.] Come on, get up.
Girl: Is he alright?

Hooch is helping Neville up; he has broken his wrist after he fell. The camera pans to Athena who is looking worried for her brother.

Neville: Owowowow.
Hooch: Oh, oh, oh, oh dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Good boy, come on now, up you get. [Draco reaches down and grabs Neville's Remembrall, which has fallen from him. Hooch begins to lead Neville away with her.] Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch. [she leaves to the hospital wing.]