Chapter 25: Man withe Two Faces

Athena walks down the stairs slowly. Halfway down, she winces, feeling her scar burning, and sees Professor Quirrell standing before the Mirror of Erised.

"WHAT" "NO" protested the hall.

Athena: You? [Quirrell turns to face her] No. I-it can't be. Snape, h-he was the one—-
Quirrell: Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to him, who would suspect p-p-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?
Athena: But-but that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me.
Quirrell: [smiling evilly] No, dear girl. I tried to kill you. [Athena eyes him in disbelief and confusion] And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded, even with Snape muttering his little countercurse.
Athena: Snape was trying to save me?
Quirrell: I knew you were a danger to me right from the off. Especially after Halloween.

No body dare says a thing, too invested in the movie.

Athena: Then-then you let the troll in.
Quirrell: Very good, Potter, yes. Snape, unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running about the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. [he turns towards the mirror again; Athena winces as her scar burns again] He rarely left me alone. But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone, never. [staring into the mirror] Now, what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?
Unseen Inhuman Voice: Use the girl. [Athena looks around, wondering where the voice is coming from]

"Where is that coming from?" Narcissa grabs hold of Lucius' arm.

Quirrell: [turns to Athena] Come here, Potter. Now! [Athena slowly walks down the stairs, towards Quirrell and the mirror] Tell me... what do you see? [Athena looks into the mirror, and for a few seconds, sees her standing next to Quirrell, then her reflection reaches into its pocket and pulls out a gleaming red ruby, the Philosopher's Stone; Athena stares in amazement as her reflection smiles and winks, then puts the stone back in its pocket; Athena feels her pocket and realizes the Stone really is in her pocket, then looks up again] What is it? [glances at Athena while speaking] What do you see?
Athena: [looks at Quirrell, then back at the mirror, determined not to let Quirrell know that she has the Stone] I-I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the House Cup.
Unseen Inhuman Voice: She lies.

"RUN" "HE KNOWS" "GET OUT OF THERE"

Quirrell: [angrily shouting] Tell the truth! What do you see?!
Unseen Inhuman Voice: Let me speak to her.
Quirrell: [as Athena backs away] Master, you are not strong enough.
Unseen Inhuman Voice: I have strength enough for this.

Quirrell reaches up and starts unwrapping his turban as he turns so his back is to the mirror. Athena turns toward the staircase into the room, wondering whether she should try to escape, then turns towards Quirrell again. He is almost finished unwrapping his turban, save for a piece covering the back of his head. Finally, he removes the turban, revealing a scary-looking chalk white face, Voldemort. He cranes around and opens his eyes.

"AHHHH" scream the younger year's some cowering away, hiding under the tables or hiding their eyes with their hands. Bellatrix smiled wickedly, Walburga raises her head proudly and Regulus sighs 'why can't the No-nosed bastard just die' he thought.

Voldemort: Athena, we meet again.
Athena: [realizing his identity] Voldemort.

People shiver. James and Lily don't let go of each other's hands. Tonks, Charlie and Bill go run to their mothers scared of the horrid man on the screen.