Chapter 15: The House of Black

INT. DUMBLEDORES OFFICE - NIGHT

Minnie opens the door leading to Dumbledore's office and leads Athena and Ron inside. Dumbledore looks up from where he is seated at his desk.

Dumbledore: Professor McGonagall, and...ah...

Dumbledore does not look at Athena, even acknowledge her presence.

"Just ignore her then...oh don't worry it's fine. Ignorant git" Mia sarcastically said.

Dumbledore: What can I do for you?
Minnie: Well, Potter has had some kind of nightmare...
Athena: It wasn't a nightmare! Well, I was asleep, but it wasn't a normal dream. It was...well, real. I saw, well –– Mr Weasley has been attacked by a giant snake

Ron is looking very pale. Athena notices and grabs his hand and gives it a comforting squeeze.

Dumbledore: How did you see this? How were you positioned when you saw it?
Athena: Oh. Uh...I was the snake. I saw it from the snake's perspective
Dumbledore: Is Arthur seriously injured?

"I swear she just said that" Barty pretended to think.

Athena: Yes!

Dumbledore stands and looks up at the portraits of previous headmasters and headmistresses of Hogwarts. Two of them are watching the proceedings.

Dumbledore: You were listening?
Everard: Naturally
Dumbledore: Raise the alarm. We must make sure Arthur is found by the right people

Everard and Dilys move out of their frames and do not return.

Dumbledore: Many of our previous headmasters and mistresses have portraits in other institutions, allowing them to move between them

He motions for all of them to sit. They sit. Dumbledore moves to Fawkes.

Dumbledore: Fawkes, we will need a warning

The Phoenix vanishes in a blast of fire. Dumbledore sits back at his desk and pulls a silvery, whirring instrument to him. It emits some smoke that forms itself into the shape of a serpent, then splits in two. The two serpents coil around each other.

"What's that?" Sirius asked Remus, "I don't know". Sirius and James gape at him. Athena turns to Hermione, "what is that?" "Not a clue Thena". Athena stares dumbfounded at her.

Dumbledore: Naturally, naturally [pause] But in essence divided?

Athena and Ron exchange confused looks. Everard returns to his portrait.

Dumbledore: What news?
Everard: I shouted until someone came. They carried him up seconds ago. He doesn't look good. Covered in blood...

Dilys returns to her portrait at this time.

Dilys: Dumbledore, I've just seen them arrive at St. Mungos. Apperated there moments ago. He looks really bad
Dumbledore: Good [to Minnie] Minerva, the rest of the Weasleys will need to be woken

She nods and departs. Dumbledore again turns to the portraits hanging on the wall.

Dumbledore: Phineas

The Blacks all straighten in their seats.

Phineas Black opens his eyes and stares at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore: Phineas, I need you to visit your other portrait. Tell Sirius what happened and that we are coming to stay for a while
Phineas: It's late, Dumbledore...