Chapter 3: Aberforth

EXT. OVER COUNTRYSIDE - AFTERNOON (LATER)

The sun has dropped. Below, the dragon's GIANT SHADOW passes over patches of brown and green.

EXT. OVER MOUNTAINS/LAKES - LATE DAY (LATER)

The trio shiver as they cling to the dragon. Athena slides a few inches. She peers up, past the beast's head.

Athena: We're dropping!

The dragon circles, lower and lower. A lake shimmers.

Ron: I say we jump!
Hermione: When?
Athena: NOW!

EXT. LAKE - LATE DAY

They drop like stones into the water.

EXT. BELOW THE SURFACE - CONTINUOUS ACTION - LATE DAY

Athena spears through, feet first, and we INTERCUT...

INT. MALFOY MANOR - SAME TIME - LATE DAY

... Voldemort, in a rage, wand slashing the air, as he murders GOBLINS and GUARDS, their bodies falling as...

"Oh dear..." Mia gasps.

EXT. BELOW THE SURFACE - CONTINUOUS ACTION - LATE DAY

...Athena's body twists, feet kicking for the surface as...

"Athena!" Lily cries.

INT. MALFOY MANOR - CONTINUOUS ACTION - LATE DAY

... Nagini slithers through the FALLING BODIES, smearing the tiled floor with RED as the AGED GOBLIN COUGHS BLOOD and...

EXT. LAKE'S SURFACE - LATE DAY

...Athena bobs to the surface, COUGHING up water. As her face streams...

INT. MALFOY MANOR - CONTINUOUS ACTION - LATE DAY

... blood runs into the eyes of the GUARD who had stalked Ron at Gringotts. Lucius, Narcissa and Draco survey the carnage in stunned silence, while Bellatrix -- lips parted, eyes narrowed -- watches a WIDENING POOL of BLOOD encircle his boot. VOLDEMORT, ELDER WAND clutched in his bony hand, speaks in PARSELTONGUE to Nagini:

Voldemort: The girl has discovered our secret, Nagini. We must find out just how much she knows. We must return to our hiding places and see if the others are safe.

A RAPID SUCCESSION OF IMAGES FLASH: Dumbledore's DESK DRAWER sliding open, revealing TOM RIDDLE'S DIARY and a RING with a BLACK STONE; the underground LAKE; an OLD WOMAN (HEPZIBAH SMITH) in a PARLOR, her teeth black with age, opening a box to reveal Helga Hufflepuff's CUP; HOGWARTS CASTLE; the FACE of a BEAUTIFUL, SAD-EYED WOMAN (HELENA RAVENCLAW) standing with her EQUALLY-BEAUTIFUL MOTHER (ROWENA RAVENCLAW); the LESTRANGE'S VAULT at GRINGOTTS; a TARNISHED TIARA, a filagreed RAVENCLAW EAGLE among the crown's detail; ATHENA HERSELF, staring STRAIGHT INTO CAMERA, EYES DARK, THE SURFACE OF HER SKIN TREMBLING LIKE WATER; NAGINI, FANGS FLASHING...

"Was that the Horcruxes?" Fabian asked. "It couldn't be because Athena was shown," Monty replied. "Unless Athena is...." Remus' sentence drifted off.

Voldemort: [to Nagini] And you, my friend, must stay close...

As the great snake wends its way around Voldemorts feet, we see a BLOODY HAND gripping the Sword of Gryffindor. It is Griphook, eyes blank, body still. As we watch, the sword slowly... VANISHES.

EXT. LAKE'S SURFACE - CONTINUOUS ACTION - LATE DAY

Athena, face ashen, shivers as she watches the dragon, fifty feet up, swoop down, slurp some water and fly on. Seconds later, Ron and Hermione break the surface.