Chapter 15: Moaning Myrtle

Athena fidgets in the darkness, half-asleep, then... her eyelids flutter slowly open...She senses something... a presence... when...Five bandaged fingers enter frame, begin to sponge her brow. Athena bolts upright, finds...

Athena: Dobby!

Many cheer seeing the house elf whilst some look in suspicion. "CONSTANT VIGILANCE" "Alastor shut up" "ohhhh Mad-eye made Minnie mad" "Ms. Potter please don't call me that" "Sorry Minnie moo"

Dobby: Athena Potter came back to school. Dobby warned her. Athena Potter should have listened to Dobby. Athena Potter should have gone back home when she missed the train.

"It was him"
"What the fuck"
"Why?"

Athena: [pushing the sponge away] It was you! You stopped the barrier from letting Ron and me through!
Dobby: Indeed yes, madam. Dobby hid and watched for Athena Potter and sealed the gateway.
Athena: You nearly got Ron and me expelled!
Dobby: At least you would be away from here. Athena Potter must go home! Dobby thought his Bludger would be enough to make Athena Potter see --

"His bludger" James looked faint "This elf is going to kill her" Frank said worriedly.

Athena: Your Bludger? You made that Bludger chase after me?
Dobby: Dobby feels most aggrieved, madam [waggling his fingers] Dobby had to iron his hands...

"Oh the poor creature" Regulus sighed.

Athena: You'd better clear off before my bones come back, Dobby, or I might strangle you!

"Woahhh" "ATHENA" "can't be saying that" her family and friends shout "okay what would you guys have done in my situation hmm? Exactly what I thought you would've said the exact same thing" Athena protested, after some debating most students nodded their heads.

Dobby: [smiling weakly] Dobby is used to death threats, madam. Dobby gets them five times a day at home.

Everyone looked at the screen sadly, apart from Walburga who turned her nose up.

Athena: I don't suppose you could tell me why you're trying to kill me?
Dobby: Not kill you, máam, never kill you! Dobby remembers how it was before Athena Potter triumphed over He Who Must Not Be Named. We house elves were treated like vermin, madam. Of course, Dobby is still treated like vermin... [Dobby honks his nose on the filthy pillowcase he wears.]
Athena: Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?
Dobby: This, máam? 'Tis a mark of the house elf's enslavement. Dobby can only be freed if his master presents him with clothes. The family is careful not to pass Dobby so much as a sock, máam, for then he would be free to leave their house forever. [Dobby's ears quiver detecting...footsteps. He whispers] Terrible things are about to happen at Hogwarts! Athena Potter must not stay here now that history is to repeat itself!

"Repeat itself?" Remus questioned. Getting no reply.

Athena: Repeat itself? You mean, this has happened before?

Dobby seizes the Skele-Gro, beats himself about the head.

Athena: Tell me, Dobby? When did this happen before? Who's doing it now?
Dobby: Dobby cannot say, máam. Dobby only wants Athena Potter to be safe.
Athena: Who is it? No, Dobby! Tell me!

CRACK! Dobby is gone. Shadows flicker beyond the curtain encircling Athena's bed. Athena slumps down... peers through a slit in the curtains. Dumbledore, in a nightcap, and McGonagall, in a tartan robe, heave a small statue onto an empty bed. Seconds later, Madam Pomfrey bustles in.

Pomfrey: What's happened?
Dumbledore: There's been another attack.

Madam Pomfrey gasps. It is not a statue lying there. It is Colin Creevey, camera still clutched to his eye.

"What"
"oh no"

McGonagall: Perhaps he managed to get a picture of his attacker...

Dumbledore opens the camera. A jet of steam hisses fourth.

McGonagall: What does this mean, Albus?
Dumbledore: It means our students are in great danger, Minerva. Mr. Creevey was fortunate. If not for this... [holding up the camera] He would surely be dead.

Many gasp. "Oh that poor boy, was he okay?" Molly asked, the future gen nodded their head. That made a few people sigh in relief.

McGonagall: What should I tell the staff, Albus.
Dumbledore: Tell them the truth. Tell them Hogwarts is no longer safe. Tell them it's as we feared. The Chamber of Secrets is indeed open again.

"Holy shit" "Hogwarts isn't safe!" "Oh no"

We pan slowly from the defiled wall to the bathroom door. A gloomy place. Cracked mirrors. Chipped sinks. Guttering candles. Athena and Ron huddle over a small, bubbling cauldron, as Hermione adds strange ingredients.

Hermione: Again? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?
Ron: Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it.

"Oh please my father isn't capable of doing such thing" snorts Draco "He'll just chicken out" everyone laughs at Lucius being bullied by his son. Narcissa smiles and Draco smiles innocently at his father. Lucius puts Draco into a headlock and rubs his hand all in his hair, messing it up. "Wait dad no not the hair" "Am I still a chicken" "Yes!" Draco laughs, Lucius carries on rubbing his hand through Dracos hair "Stopppp" "Am I still a chicken" "No" giggles Draco. Lucius let's Draco go and laughs at his hair, Draco smiles at his dad, happy to see him so carefree. Lucius' friends all smile at the father-son duo, happy that he isn't uptight and mean.

Hermione: Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure.
Ron: Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think
we'll get caught?
Hermione: Never. No one over comes in here
Ron: Why?
Hermione: Moaning Myrtle

All the girls groan, whilst the boys look confused. "Who's moaning Myrtle?" Sirius asked Lily "I think the movie will show who she is"

Ron: Who's Moaning Myrtle?

There is a loud, piercing screech, and the ghost of a young girl comes racing out of the wall, face to face with Ron.

Moaning Myrtle: I'm Moaning Myrtle. I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly,
miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?

Myrtle sobs loudly, dives head first into the toilet.

"Merlin! That sounds like Sirius when someone ruins his hair" Remus joked. The marauders and people who are close with Sirius all laugh including Regulus. "Traitor" pouted Sirius at Regulus "it's true brother you are a massive drama queen" Sirius pounced on Regulus and the two brothers started wrestling. Mia and Monty pulled the two laughing boys away from each other and went to go sit back down. Orion looked at his boys sadly.

Hermione: She's a little sensitive.
Athena: No shit Sherlock.

———————————————————————————————————

A/N:
Hello my loves!
How was this chapter?
Lucius and Dracos bonding time 🥺
Have a great day/night
Make sure to stay hydrated and take your medication🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️