Chapter 17: Caught

INT. LIBRARY - DAY

Athena, Ron and Hermione are huddled around a table.

Ron: So you're saying this weapon You-Know-Whos after is in the Department of Mysteries?
Athena: It's got to be

"That makes so much sense" gasped Lily.

Hermione: That's got to be what Surgis Podmore was doing in the Ministry when he was arrested
Athena: Probably. Mr Weasley was probably there when he was attacked, too. That must be what the Orders guarding!

Amelia scribbles down notes whilst Moody, the Minister and the Aurors look at the trio with proud looks but thinking the same thing: A bunch of 15 year olds figuring out things that even most adults didn't manage to figure out, going on dangerous missions that would make some adults shake with fear and yet there they sat. Surrounded by their loved ones, laughing and smiling as if nothing ever happened to them. How could they be so happy when they have so much trauma?

Ron: But why the Department of Mysteries?
Hermione: It makes perfect sense, Ron. It's got to be something the Ministry's been developing. Something top secret

Athena nods in agreement. Hermione picks up a copy of the Daily Prophet grimly.

Hermione: Look at this. There's been a mass escape from Azkaban

Everyone turns deathly pale, until, shouts were heard along with screaming. It took 25 minutes to calm everyone down.

Ron: Bloody hell!

Athena stares at the front page picture of ten witches and wizards.

Athena: They're all Death Eaters!

"WHAT!"

Hermione nods fearfully.

Hermione: Yes

Athena grits her teeth.

Athena: Voldemort

INT. HOGSMEAD - DAY

The sun rises over Hogwarts as Athena, Ron and Hermione stroll down the Main Street of Hogsmead. Fred quickly finds Athena.

Fred: Hello, love

Athena grins up at him, avoiding Ron and Hermione's look.

Hermione: Have fun, Athena. Meet me in The Three Broomsticks after. There's something you need to do
Athena: Okay

She goes to Fred, and they leave together.

INT. MADAM PUDDIFOOTS - DAY

Athena and Fred sit opposite each other at a small table. Valentines Day decorations accost the eyes at every turn. Their eyes land on Cho sitting with another Ravenclaw boy.

Cho: You know, Cedric and I came here last year. Before...

Athena and Fred turn to look at each other and then look back at Cho.

Cho: I––I've been meaning to ask you for ages...but...I mean
Ravenclaw Boy: What?
Cho: Did––did––Cedric say anything about me before he...he left for the maze and––and died?
Ravenclaw Boy: Oh. Uh, no, there wasn't really much time, with you know, the canon going off...

Cho bursts into tears. The boy tries to console her. Athena quickly rushes over and crouches down, Cho hugs her, crying on her shoulder.

Ravenclaw Boy: Maybe, we should talk about something else...
Cho: [Unwrapping herself from Athena] I thought you'd want to talk about it! I thought you'd understand, he was your best friend!