Chapter 33: Welcome back!

Once everyone had settled down and returned back to their seat still covered in food the screen started.

It is the end of year feast; Nearly Headless Nick, now revitalized, floats along the row between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables in the Great Hall.

Female Student: Welcome back, Sir Nicholas!
Nearly Headless Nick: Thank you.
Another Female Student: Good evening, Sir Nicholas.
Nearly Headless Nick: Good evening.
Male Student: Good to see you, Sir Nicholas.
Nearly Headless Nick: Thank you. [glancing at another pair of students] Hello. [reaching the doors to the Great Hall, he passes Filch, who is just happy to have Mrs. Norris back, and Hermione walks in as he turns toward her] Hermione! Welcome back.
Hermione: Thanks, Sir Nicholas. [Nearly Headless Nick floats away as Hermione glances around the hall]

"Hermione!!!" Cheered the hall.

Fear and suspicion banished, the House tables abuzz with excitement and anticipation... all except the Slytherins, who do not share the general feeling. Seated at the tables, are the formerly petrified, revived students. Justin Finch-Fletchley joins his fellow Hufflepuffs. Colin Creevey SNAPS photos of the proceedings. At the rear of the hall, standing near the entrance, Hermione, searching the room for Athena and Ron. Finally, she sees them. Neville who had turned to look at the doors sees Hermione.

Neville: Athena look it's Hermione!

Athena whips her head towards the doors and see her. Hermione smiles and runs forward, Athena jumps out of her seat and runs to Hermione meeting her halfway. They embrace and shed a few tears.

Hermione: You solved it! You solved it!
Athena: With loads of help from you.

She turns to embrace Ron. They pause, an awkward moment between them and... shake hands instead.

"Awkwwaaarrrddd" "Sirius shut up"

Ron:Welcome back, Hermione.

Athena rolls her eyes at the two and pushes Hermione into Ron, making them hug. McGonagall taps her goblet. Dumbledore stands.

Everyone laughs at the trio, some shedded a few tears happy to see everyone's okay.

Dumbledore: Before we begin our feast, let's give a round of applause to Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, whose Mandrake Juice has been successfully administered to all those who had been petrified.

Everyone applauds.

The great hall cheers for Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, making the two blush.

Dumbledore: Also, in the wake of recent  events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled.

"What!" "That's so unfair"

Everyone cheers, save for Hermione.

Hermione: Oh, no!

Everyone laughs at Hermione.

At the rear of the Hall, the great doors OPEN. It's Hagrid. He enters. Stops. Looks around. The room falls SILENT. All eyes upon him. He glances around. Nervous. Embarrassed.

Hagrid: Sorry I'm late. The owl deliverin' my release papers got all lost 'n confused. Some ruddy bird named Errol.

Queue the laughter.

Ron exchanges a nervous glance with Dumbledore. Hagrid looks at all of the faces staring at him. He turns to Athena.

Hagrid: I jus' want to say... that if it wasn't fer' you, Athena... you an' Ron... and Hermione... Well, I jus' want to say... Thanks.
Athena: There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid.

Dumbledore gets to his feet and... slowly... Just then... brings his hands together. The others join him. Soon, everyone is on their feet and the Hall ROARING. As the students surround Hagrid, he blinks, wipes at his eyes. Suddenly there was a loud boom and a puff of blue and yellow smoke appear, covering the students and teachers, once the smoke disappeared everyone looked around and realised the Ravenclaws had been turned into ravens and the Hufflepuffs had been turned into badgers. Fred, Athena and George all laughed and high fives each other. The Gryffindors and some slytherins laugh.

The past generation laughed including the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. "That is a good prank" laughed one of the Ravenclaws "I love it" screamed a Hufflepuff.

Minnie: POTTER, WEASLEYS [Fred, Athena and George looked at each other wide eyed and slowly turned around to see Minnie stood behind them, trying to look mad]
Athena: Uh oh

CAMERA PULLS BACK, THROUGH the window, leaving the laughing students. WE CONTINUE TO CRANE BACK... BACK... TO a WIDE SHOT OF HOGWARTS... glittering gloriously in the night. Then fades to black.

——————————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
This is the very last chapter of Chamber of secrets🥺 what did we all think?
So looks like there's and end of year prank tradition 😂

There is no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid! Rip Robbie Coltrane thank you for making our childhood so magical🕊⚡️
Wands up!  /*

Have a great day/night
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication otherwise Fred, Athena and George will all prank you🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️