Chapter 14: Three-Headed Dog

The three are walking up a staircase in the Grand Staircase tower. A railing pulls in, Hermione looks, but continues walking.

Ron: I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do.
Athena: Who doesn't?

The staircase shudders and begins to move. The three grab the railings.

Ron: Ahh! [Hermione gasps]

Athena: What's happening?
Hermione: The staircases change, remember? [The staircase stops, leading to a corridor.]
Athena: [taps Ron] Let's go this way.
Ron: Before the staircase moves again.

They all open a door and walk into a spooky, dark and deserted corridor.

Athena: Does anyone feel like...we shouldn't be here?
Hermione: We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden.

"GET OUT OF THERE" everyone screamed at the screen.

Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows. The group jumps.

Athena: Let's go. [Mrs. Norris meows]

All the pranksters groan at the sight of the cat.

Ron: It's Filch's cat!
Athena: Run!

"Just kick the rotten thing!" Scoffed Sirius "we all know that we could drop that cat off of the Astronomy Tower and she'll live. I'm telling you, she's immortal" Remus proclaimed.

The trio run through the corridor, flames are lit up on the stone supports, one by one, as they run past. They get to the end of the corridor, to a door.

Athena: Quick! Let's hide though that door! [Athena grabs the handle, but it's locked.]

Athena: It's locked!
Ron: That's it, we're done for!
Hermione: Oh, move over! [pushes through and pulls out her wand, aiming it at the lock] Alohomora. [The door's lock lifts up magically and it opens.] Get in. [They bustle in.]
Ron: Alohomora?
Hermione: Standard book of spells, Chapter 7.

Filch arrives at the start of the corridor with a light. Mrs. Norris looks at him.

Filch: Anyone here, my sweet? [Mrs. Norris meows] Come on. [they leave the corridor.]
Hermione: Filch is gone.
Ron: Probably thinks this door's locked.
Hermione: It was locked.
Athena: And for good reason. [Ron and Hermione turn to stand with Athena. There is a massively huge three headed dog sleeping in front of them. The dog begins to wake. It growls, yawns, and growls more...noticing the intruders.]
All: AHHHHHHH!

"GET OUT" screamed all the parents, Remus was pulling on his hair, Sirius was as still as a statue, James and Lily were hugging each other, Molly had her hands over her face whilst her brother tried comforting her, Marlene was shaking, Alice and Frank kept screaming at the screen and Euphemia and Monty were glaring at Dumbledore. Fred got up and sat with Athena pulling her close to him making sure she was actually okay. He was too scared to let her go.

The three bolt, running out of the door. They turn quickly to shut the door and battle against the dog. They manage to get the door shut and they run as fast as they can. They return to the Gryffindor Common Room and are breathless.

Ron: What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school.
Hermione: You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?
Ron: I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three! [they begin to climb the stairs to the dorms.]
Hermione: It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something.
Athena: Guarding something?
Hermione: That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed... or worse, expelled! [turns and leaves, shutting the door to her dormitory.]
Ron: She needs to sort out her priorities! [Athena nods in agreement]

The hall was so silent until there were shouts and screams thrown at Albus Dumbledore. Questions on why there was a Cerberus at a school full of children. Amelia Bones had been jotting everything down on pieces of paper up until she saw the three-headed dog, she was shocked that Albus would keep that thing in a school. She realised she's got to keep an eye on Dumbledore because clearly he isn't as good as everyone thought, Mad-eye was thinking the exact same thing. It overall took an hour for everyone to calm down and all Albus had to say was "I don't take responsibility for my actions" and that sent Euphemia Potter to send a hex Albus' way. James and Monty tried to calm her down as she kept trying to go over and hit Albus. Minnie slid her chair further away from Dumbledore, eyes narrowing at him.

—————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello loves!
You know the drill, how was this chapter?
Freddie🥺
Have a great day/night
Make sure to stay hydrated and take your medication🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️