Chapter 3: The Leaky Cauldron and Monster Books

As the Knight bus rockets off, Tom and Athena are revealed, Athena glances up, reads the sign above: The Leaky Cauldron. Tom drags Athena's trunk inside, then pauses and, with a flick of his wand, silences the car alarm.
Athena trails Tom through the quiet room. The bartender glances up, his gaze lingering perhaps a bit too long. A solitary wizard reads a book while, at his elbow, his coffee cup stirs itself. Tom leads Athena upstairs.

"I love magic" Athena sighed dreamily leaning into her fiancé, making him laugh at the girls antics.

As Athena follows Tom inside, she finds a Snow White owl perched atop a chair.

Athena: Hedwig! [she runs up to her giving her gentle pet]

"My baby!" Athena spread her arms out dramatically. Lily rolls her eyes fondly at her daughter. The future gen laugh at the girl.

Tom: Right smart bird you've got there, Ms. Potter. Arrived only minutes before yourself.

A man clears his throat. Athena turns, finds a pinstriped silhouette at the window, staring at the ghostly shadows beyond. Athena's reflection shivers in the glass, but the man doesn't turn. Tom takes a position against the wall, fishes a pair of walnuts from his pocket and...CRACK!...crushes the shells between his palms.

Cornelius Fudge: I should tell you, Ms. Potter, earlier this evening your uncles sister was located just south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack. The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched and she's been properly punctured and her memory modified. She has no recollection of the incident whatsoever.

Athena waited, then Fudge turns.

Cornelius Fudge: So that's that, and no harm done [smiling] pea soup?

Athena glances warily from the steaming tureen of green to Tom, who works a grimy thumb into his gum, frees a walnut sliver.

Athena: No thank you Minister....I don't understand. I'm not getting in trouble for this but I got into trouble last year for apparently "using magic" i told you multiple times in letters that it was an elf and not me, what makes this time so different. I mean I broke the law surely I should get some sort of punishment [she crosses her arms, tilts her head and glares slightly]

"Oooo" "She's not wrong" "Her glares are going to give me nightmares" "Coward"

Cornelius Fudge: [dishing up a bowl and completely ignoring her] Oh, come on now, Athena. The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their aunts! [he starts to laugh, Tom donkey laughs making Fudge glare at him, he stops laughing] On the other hand...running away like that...given the state of things.....very, very irresponsible.
Athena: Oh have you know Minister I live with a muggle family, they don't read the Daily Prophet so I don't get caught up to date with things that happen in our world, care to enlighten me?
Cornelius Fudge: We have a killer on the loose!

Sirius puts his head down, Athena grabs his hand and smiles at him "I know you're not a killer uncle Padfoot, don't worry" he smiles gratefully at her.

Athena: Sirius Black, you mean. But....what's that got to do with me?

"Really Athena? You're seriously asking that?! You almost died the past two years" Monty deadpanned making Mia whack a pillow in his face, "I thought that year would be different, I thought it'll be nice and relaxing" Athena said.

CRACK! Tom shatters another Walnut. Fudge smiles nervously.

Cornelius Fudge: Hm? Oh, nothing. You're safe, that's what matters. Tomorrow you'll be on your way to Hogwarts. These are your new schoolbooks. I took the liberty of having them brought here for you [Athena eyes the stack of books. One is bound by a rope] By the way, Athena. Whilst you're here it would be best if you didn't....wander.

"That was nice of him to get your books but still he should have told you what's going on. I mean you're Athena Potter and what we've seen in the last 2 movies, you won't stop til you know what's happening" Arthur explained making many jump, forgetting he was there.

Through the window: the rooftops of London. A train passes and the camera pulls back, revealing Athena, standing with Hedwig. She turns, eyeing her schoolbooks. She studies the growling tome –– The Monster Book of Monsters –– then gives the rope a tug. Instantly....the book leaps to the floor, pages flying, book covers snapping. Athena gives chase, then the book turns, beginning to nip viciously at her shoes. Athena vaults atop the bed, watches the book disappear underneath, she unties her shoe and drops it. Seconds later, the book scuttles into view and Athena pounces –– FLUMPH! Athena takes the rope, rebinds the book.

"I hate that book" Neville eyes the book in distaste, Athena and her friends all laugh at him. Mad-eye smirks "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!!!" "ALASTOR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD IF YOU CARRY ON I WILL HEX YOUR MOUTH TO STAY SHUT!" Screams Minnie making the great hall laugh at the two.

—————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
How was this chapter?
Minnie is going to get a heart attack soon because of Mad-eye
Have a great day/night
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication or the monster book will bite you🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️