Chapter 11: Nick and the Other Residents

Later, all of the first years are sorted in their houses, all of the students were talking to each other. McGonagall dings on a cup.

McGonagall: Your attention, please.
Dumbledore: [rising from his chair] Let the feast...begin.

From the aerial view of the Great Hall, food magically appears on all the tables, and the hall is filled with awe and chatter.

Rons stomach rumbles and he chuckles sheepishly. "Is there any food?" All of a sudden tables appear in front of the sofas full of snacks and drinks.

Athena: Wow.

Draco looks at all the food, raises his eyebrows and digs in. Ron stuffs his face.

Many look over at Ron with eyebrows raised "what? I was hungry?" "When are you not hungry" Ginny rolled her eyes

Seamus: I'm half and half. Me dad's a Muggle. Mam's a witch. Bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out.

Neville laughs. Athena is sitting next to Percy. She leans over.

Athena: Say, Percy, who's that teacher talking to Professor Quirrell?
Percy: Oh, that's Professor Snape, head of Slytherin house.
Athena: What's he teach?
Percy: Potions. But everyone knows it's the Dark Arts he fancies. He's been after Quirrell's job for years.

Ron, having just finished a chicken wing, reaches into the bowl for more, and a ghost, called Sir Nicolas, pops out.

Many laugh at Ron.

Ron: Ahh!
Nick: Hello! How are you? Welcome to Gryffindor.

Numerous ghosts come pouring from the walls, sailing along.

Bloody Baron: Whoo-hoo-hoo!
Girl: Look, it's the Bloody Baron!
Percy: Hello, Sir Nicholas. Have a nice summer?
Nick: Dismal. Once again, my request to join the headless hunt has been denied. [Begins to leave]
Ron: I know you! You're Nearly Headless Nick!
Nick: I prefer Sir Nicholas if you don't mind.
Hermione: Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?

"Shouldn't have asked that" winced many Gryffindors.

Nick: Like this. [Grabs head and pulls it to the side. His head is hanging on just by a thread.]
Ron: Ahh!

Hermione moans in disgust; Athena just simply rolls his eyes. Nick reattaches his head back to his body. Later, Percy is leading the Gryffindors to the staircase tower.

Percy: Gryffindors, follow me, please. Keep up. Thank you.
Boy: Ravenclaws, follow me. This way.
Percy: This is the most direct path to the dormitories. Oh, and keep an eye on the staircases...they like to change.

The camera pans up and we see a vast amount of staircases, people walking on them, and some switching places.

Percy: Keep up, please, and follow me. Quickly now, come on. Come on.

They begin walking up the stairs, several of the portraits began greeting them

Neville: Seamus, that picture's moving!
Ron: Look at that one, Athena!
Athena: I think she fancies you. [Neville snorts]
Girl: Oh, look! Look! Who's that girl?
Man in a painting: Welcome to Hogwarts.
Girl: Who's that?

A bit later on the seventh floor, They are in the corridor leading to Gryffindor Tower. They come up to a large painting of a large woman in a pink dress. She is known as "The Fat Lady".

The Fat Lady: Password?
Percy: Caput Draconis. [The Fat Lady smiles and nods in confirmation. The painting opens up to reveal a doorway in the wall, leading to Gryffindor Tower.] Follow me, everyone. Keep up, quickly, come on.

"Let them look around" Sighed the Prewett Twins.

Girl: Oh, wow.
Percy: [Inside the common room] Gather 'round here. Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room. Boy's dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up. Oh Athena, it seems like the castle is only allowing you to stay in the boys dorm. The professors have placed a spells to make sure you're safe. [Athena nods]

Neville: Don't worry we will look after her
Ron: Yeah we'll protect her

The three smile at each other and head up towards the boys dorms. Later at midnight. Athena is sitting by a window in her pj's, with Hedwig. She pets her owl and looks out the window, sighing with content, knowing that she will love it here at Hogwarts.

——————————————————————————————————————

A/N:
Hello loves!
How was this chapter? It's little Athena's first night at Hogwarts🥺
I made her dorm with the boys because come on, the boys are the best and we all know they'll protect her!
Have a good day/night
Don't forget to stay hydrated and take your medication🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️