Chapter 11: Flight of the Fat Lady

As Athena, Ron, and Hermione climb the stairs, they find a crowd gathering on the Seventh Floor landing.            

Ron: What's the hold-up? Only Neville ever forgets the password.
Athena: Watch it! Remember Neville is still my brother

Neville grins at Athena.

Percy: [pushing past] Let me through, please. Excuse me, thank you, I'm Head Boy...[stopping dead] Back! All of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched!

"Oh for merlins sake what has happened now" groaned Bellatrix.

Athena, Ron, and Hermione exchange dark glances, when... Ginny emerges from the crowd, her face ashen.         

Ginny: The Fat Lady... she's gone.
Ron:  Probably stuffing her face with the apples in that still life on the second floor again.
Ginny: No. You don't understand --

Hermione GASPS. GRABS Athena's arm. She looks. SEES: The Fat Lady's portrait has been SLASHED VICIOUSLY, great strips of canvas hanging from the frame. Just then, Dumbledore appears.

Gasps were all that was heard around the great hall.

Dumbledore:Mr. Filch. Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady.

Just then, there is a SCREAM. The students dash to the landing, where all THE PAINTINGS WHISPER FEARFULLY. Filch's rheumy eyes peer up, searching the upper shadows, then... narrow.

Filch: There'll be no need for ghosts, Professor...

Filch extends a crooked finger. High up, near the ceiling, the Fat Lady cowers in a portrait, not her own, trembling.

Dumbledore: Dear lady. Who did this to you?
Fat Lady: [in a trance] Eyes like the devil he's got. And a soul as dark as his name. It was him, Headmaster. The one they talk about. He's here. Somewhere in the castle. Sirius Black.

"Merlin Sirius, I know the woman is annoying but still" gaped James "Looks like someone's incredibly determined to kill James' daughter" taunted Peter, the slytherins glared at him whilst Sirius shouted "I would never kill or harm her in any way" The future gen threw dirty looks at Peter. James, Sirius and Remus were all wondering why the sudden change in Peters attitude.

As the students REACT, Dumbledore's VOICE cuts

Dumbledore: Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you... to the Great Hall.

CLOCK TOWER DOOR: Great GROANING TUMBLERS fall. SPINDLES rotate. CYLINDERS -- one after another fire into place. WINDOWS: Iron SPIKES, sharp as razors, rises instantly

One by one, deep in the distance, the LIGHTS of the Great Hall go out. Dementors appear, COVERING FRAME, then separate like a curtain... CAMERA DRIFTS THROUGH the silent room, OVER an ocean of SLEEPING BAGS, FINDS Athena lying awake, staring at the net of stars glimmering beyond the highest window. Her sleeping bag in between Hermione and Fred's. A gentle CREAK is heard and Athena's eyes shift, see Snape pass through the great doors, converge with Dumbledore.

Snape: I've done the dungeons, Headmaster. No sign of Black. Nor anywhere else in the castle.
Dumbledore: [nodding] I didn't really expect him toMlinger.
Snape: Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts castle on one's own, completely undetected...[Dumbledore gazes at the students, refusing to take the bait]
Snape: You may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express my concerns when you appointed Professor --

Already knowing who he's on about, shouts and screams were heard. "You low bastard" shouts Lily and Marlene, "You fucking greasy twat" screams an outraged James "You stupid slimey fuckface" shouted Sirius "How dare you" Lily continued, her face as red as her hair. Remus looked down. Snape just sneered at them all.

Dumbledore: I do not believe a single professor inside this castle would have helped Sirius Black enter it, Severus.

As Snape's eyes glitter darkly, Dumbledore gazes out over the slumbering students.

Dumbledore: No... I feel quite confident the castle is safe. And I'm more than willing to let the students return to their Houses. But tomorrow. For now, let them sleep...
[As Dumbledore's gaze finds Athena, she shuts her eyes, feigns sleep] It's astonishing what the body can endure when the mind allows itself!to rest.

The Whomping Willow idly casts off a few withering leaves.

Sir Cadogan (V.O): What villains are these that trespass upon my private lands!

"Oh not him" groaned many students.

The Fat Lady has been replaced by a PAINTING of a TINY KNIGHT (SIR CADOGAN). Stalking a bare stretch of grass as his PONY grazes nearby, he brandishes his sword wildly as a group of Gryffindors regard him warily.

Sir Cadogan: Who dares challenge Sir Cadogan! Back, you scurvy braggarts! You rogues!
Seamus: He's barking mad!
Dean Thomas: What d'you expect? After what happened to the Fat Lady, none of the other pictures would take the job.
Neville: But he keeps changing the password. Twice just this morning! I've taken to keeping a list.
Athena: Just stick with me Neville, I'll tell you the passwords it's fine [she smiles]

As Neville holds up a wrinkled piece of parchment, Athena, Ron and Hermione begin to exit.

Sir Cadogan: Farewell, comrades! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!
Ron: Yeah, we'll call you... if we ever need someone mental.

Athena snorts and ends up being hit round the head by Hermione, she pouts rubbing the back of her head. The carry on walking til Fred pulls Athena back, Hermione and Ron turn to look at her.

Athena: I'll meet you there [they nod and carry on walking] what's up Freddie
Fred: I just wanted to see my favourite girl [he smiles]
Athena: Haha very funny
Fred: It's true...anyway I wanted to see how you are after the whole Sirius black thing
Athena: I'm fine...honestly... but I am confused....[He looks at her to continue] I was talking to Professor Lupin and he was saying how my dad and Sirius Black were the bestest of Friends and what confuses me is why would he want to kill me? I'm his best friends daughter
Fred: I understand the confusion...it does seem..odd. Why don't you ask Professor Lupin?
Athena: I think that's a bit of a stretch, he won't answer that, he didn't even want to tell me about Black and my dad being friends [she looks down, Fred cups her chin and lifts her head]
Fred: I know you'll figure it out love, you always do [he smiles making her smile] now let me escort you back to Ron and Hermione

He holds his arm out for Athena who gladly takes it. The two of them are seen skipping down the corridor, laughing.

"Awwww" "they are so cute" Fred and Athena look at each other and smile, Fred bring his arms around her and squishes her into his side. "Who knew my brother could be such a simp" Joked George "Aren't you smiling for Ang-" George quickly covered Ginnys mouth, making the girl huff and bite him, George yelped and pulled his hand away from his little sister, cradling it at his chest. Everyone laughed at the two.

—————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
How was this chapter?
Fred and Athena are making me feel incredibly single🥺
Have a good day/night
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication otherwise Sirius will break and scratch your doors🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️