Chapter 30: Bye bye Tom Riddle

Athena limps past the Basilisk's corpse, and, dropping the sword and falling to her knees, she crawls towards Ginny once more as Riddle walks toward them.

Everyone then remembered Athena was hurt and started to worry, kicking themselves that they forgot.

Riddle: Remarkable, isn't it? How quickly the venom of the Basilisk penetrates the body. I guess you have little more than a minute to live. You'll be with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Athena. [Athena extends her left hand to Ginny's again] Funny... the damage a silly little book can do... especially in the hands of a silly little girl. [Athena looks to the diary in Ginny's arm and carefully pulls it out, placing it on the floor between her and the Basilisk fang] What are you doing? [Athena picks up the Basilisk fang and holds it up while staring at Riddle, who immediately realizes what Athena is about to do] Stop. No!

Athena glares at Riddle then smirks. Athena stabs one of the diary's pages with the fang as Riddle steps forward to try and stop her; Riddle's body crumbles and gives a discharge of yellow light; ink starts to ooze from the diary, Riddle recoils and growls with rage; Athena pries the fang out. Riddle attempts to attack, but Athena stabs the other page, crippling Riddle, and causing him to crumble further; Athena closes the diary and stabs the cover with the Basilisk fang; Riddle screams in agony and disintegrates into yellow particles; shortly after Riddle's demise, Ginny awakens, hyperventilating, and sits up.

The great hall cheered so loud I'm sure the people of hogsmead heard them. "That's my girl" James shouted and picked Athena up spinning her around.

Athena: Ginny.
Ginny: [turning to face her] Athena, it was me. But, I swear, I didn't mean to... Riddle made me. And... [notices Athena's injury]Athena... you're hurt.
Athena: [covering her wound] Don't worry. Ginny, you need to get yourself out. Follow the Chamber, and you'll find Ron. [Fawkes emits his song again; Athena and Ginny both look down the corridor to see him flying towards them; he swoops around the Basilisk's body, and lands in between them, then steps over to AthenA] You were brilliant, Fawkes. I just wasn't quick enough. [Fawkes emits a soft grunt, then lowers his head to Athena's wound, and cries on it; the wound miraculously disappears; Ginny stares in amazement] Of course! [lifting her healed arm] Phoenix tears have healing powers. [Fawkes grunts affirmatively as Athena glances at him] Thanks. [looks at Ginny] It's all right, Ginny. It's over. It's just a memory.

Molly ran over to Athena and brought her into a hug, thanking her over and over again, soon all the Weasleys and Prewetts came over and hugged her. Hermione looked at Athena then at Ginny, with tear stained cheeks "why didn't you tell us that you almost died" "I didn't want to worry you and I know that no matter what if I told you, you would try to stop me from saving the school eve though it is kinda my job to save it" Athena smiled, Hermione ran to her and hugged her along with all of the future generation. Fred kissed her face too many times that she lost count, "promise me you tell us the truth" "I can try" Athena joked. "When we get back to our timeline you and you Ginny are grounded" "WHAT" "NO FAIR" "No pranks, no food fights, no saving the world and especially no quidditch" "no no no no you can't do that to us Hermione" Athena begged. "She's right Athena" Neville said "Neville you fucking traitor" "sorry love but you're on time out as soon as we get back" "that's so unfair what the actual fuck" "deal with it Athena" Draco smirked "Draco don't make me come over there" Draco paled. The parents watched their children with amusement written across their faces.

————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
How was this chapter?
Athena and Ginny are grounded😂
I've already started typing up Prisoner of Azkaban😂
Have a great day/night
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication otherwise you'll be grounded too🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️