Chapter 2: The Advanced Guard

The cloaked figures move closer. Athena stands, brandishing her wand. Heart pounding loud and blood rushing to her ears.

"This is so scary" Sirius bit his nails. Remus looked at his crush and rolled his eyes fondly.

Athena: Lumos!

Then wizards stand around them, wands out. Mad-eye Moody, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore and Hestia Jones.

"Are we sure that's the real Mad-eye?" James asked, waving his arms around. People just stared at him making him put his hands up in surrender "I'm just saying". Andromeda, Ted and Narcissa were starring at on-screen Nymphadora in awe, "look at our baby Ted, she looks so grown up" Andromeda had a loving smile on her face. Ted almost teared up at the sight of his little girl, "I've said it before and I'll say it again. She's beautiful Andy" Narcissa said. Andromeda and Ted smiled at her.

Vernon: [Stiffly] Who are all you lot?
Moody: [Harshly] Quiet, Dursley

Everyone laughs at Vernons face. James suddenly stops laughing, glaring at a corner of the room, "what are they still doing here!" Everyone turns to see where James was looking, noticing Walburga and Peter still in the room. Walburga glares at the boy, shouting profanities which were muffled due to a silencing spell. Peter glared at James which made Athena jump up, who was then pulled down by Lily. "It's not worth it Bambi" James said to his daughter. Athena never took her eyes off of Peter, making him shudder under her stare.

Lupin: Athena, Cub. Douse the light. We're exposed here
Athena: [Eyes widening] Fuck. Shit. Sorry Uncle Moony. Nox!

Many snorted at Lupin's face everytime Athena swore.

Darkness returns to the street, which is now lit by the light of the moon.

Athena: Not that I'm not happy to see you guys but...what are you doing here?
Lupin: We're your advanced guard, Thena. Dumbledore just sent us as soon as he heard about the attack. We're taking you to safety. We're just waiting for the all clear.

"How did he find out so quickly?" Barty squinted his eyes.

Athena: [Confused] But it just happened? How'd he find out so quickly?

Barty and Athena smirked at each other, "great minds think alike" he laughed. "They sure do" Athena chuckled.

Lupin: You didn't think Dumbledore'd let you wander around on your own, did you?

Lupin indicates Tonks. Athena smile appreciative at the woman.

Lupin: Thena, I don't believe you've met Nymphadora Tonks.

Nymphadora turns and glares at Lupin, her hair turning red.

Tonks: Don't call me Nymphadora [turning her attention back to Athena, she steps forward to shake her hand] Please call me Dora or Tonks or whatever you want!
Athena: [Shakes her hand] It's a pleasure to meet you. Please call me Thena or whatever nickname you can come up with

Both women giggle.

Andromeda and Ted smile fondly at their daughter.

Lupin: [Clearing his throat] Tonks, would you go get Thenas' broom from the house?

She nods and departs. Athena turns and looks at Remus with a smile on her face.

Athena: I like her!