Chapter 13: About the chamber

McGonagall: [at Transfiguration class the next day] Could I have your attention, please? Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. [Draco shrugs] Like so. [turns to a bird resting on a post to her right, tapping it with her wand as she speaks] One, two, three, Vera Verto. [a stream of magic emits from her wand, and the bird becomes a goblet; the other students express amazement] Now it's your turn? Who would like to go first? [approaches Ron] Ah! Mr. Weasley. One, two, three, Vera Verto.
Ron: Ahem! [silently taps his wand towards Scabbers three times] Vera Verto. [his wand causes Scabbers to turn into a furry goblet with his tail moving around while squeaking; Athena and some of the other students grin and laugh]
McGonagall: [as Ron picks up the Scabbers-goblet] That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley. [Hermione raises her hand] Yes, Ms. Granger?
Hermione: Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets. [Draco gives Hermione a surprised look]
McGonagall: [glancing around the room and seeing that the students look somewhat interested] Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not.
Ron: [turns to Athena] Three guesses who.
Athena: I say Helga, it's always the ones who look innocent that aren't actually innocent [Ron and Athena laugh]

Everyone laughs.

McGonagall: Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods. [Hermione and Draco glare at each other] Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber, and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic.
Hermione: Muggle-borns. [Professor McGonagall points her wand at her in an affirmative gesture]
McGonagall: Well, naturally the school has been searched many times. No such Chamber has been found. [turns and walks back to her desk]
Hermione: Professor, [Professor McGonagall turns around] what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?
McGonagall: Well, the Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster. [Hermione feels a sense of dread at these words; a horrified Ron turns around to look at Draco, who grins smugly at him]
Ron: [as he, Athena, and Hermione walk down the corridor] Do you think it's true? Do you really think there is a Chamber of Secrets?
Hermione: Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are.

"Yes they are which means it's really bad" Mia said.

Athena: [as Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle walk down the corridor behind them] But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it really has been opened, then that means...
Hermione: The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?
Ron: [as Draco and Goyle walk past them, with Crabbe running to keep up] Let's think... [glances at their adversaries as they pass] who do we know who thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?
Hermione: If you're talking about Malfoy...
Ron: Of course! You heard him: "You'll be next, mudbloods."
Hermione: I heard him. But Malfoy, the Heir of Slytherin?
Athena: Well, maybe Ron's right, Hermione. I mean, look at his family, the whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries.
Ron: Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling.
Hermione: Even they aren't that thick. But there might be another way. Mind you, it would be difficult, not to mention, we'd be breaking fifty school rules, and it'll be dangerous, very dangerous. [Athena smirks]
Ron/Athena: Perfect when do we start?

The pranksters all smirk at each other.

———————————————————————————————————

A/N:
Hello my loves!
This chapter was short and sweet.
Have a great day/night
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️