Chapter 14: I hope he finds me

Athena approaches a STATUE of a hump-backed, ONE-EYED WITCH. INSERT MAP -- Athena traces her finger along the tattered surface to an INK FIGURE labeled "Athena Potter." A tiny SPEECH BUBBLE appears: "Dissendium."

"That's so cool" said a 1st year Gryffindor

Athena: Dissendium?

CLICK! The witch's EYE OPENS and the statue pivots, revealing a DARK OPENING in the floor. As Athena crouches, squinting, a cool DRAFT OF AIR ruffles her hair and the CAMERA DRIFTS INTO the DARKNESS... A tiny LIGHT bobs in the distance, fracturing the darkness, then Athena appears, the tip of her wand GLOWING, map in hand. INSERT MAP: "Athena Potter" glides across the parchment.

Athena stops, cranes her neck. STONE STEPS. Taps the map.

Athena: Mischief managed.

CRATES. HUGE ROLLING BINS. A WOOD STAIRCASE. A trapdoor lifts. Athena's eyes appear. As she pulls himself up, a DOOR BANGS OPEN. Dense CHATTER ROARS from above. Quickly, Athena hides, watches a MAN'S BOOTS descend the stairs. Then...

WOMAN (O.S.): A box of Jelly Slugs as well, Horace. We're nearly cleared out.

HORACE grunts, begins moving boxes. Athena looks up to the cellar door, takes out the invisibility cloak...

The CELLAR DOOR EASES open --but no one appears. We TRACK THROUGH a sweet tooth's dream, SWARMING with customers. Up ahead, Neville prepares to lick the LOLLIPOP in his hand, when it simply floats from his fingers and out the door... into the MISTY, FOG-SHROUDED chaos of Main Street. As the lollipop drifts on, FOOTPRINTS appear in the snow below...

"THATS WHERE IT WENT!" Shouts Neville tackling Athena to the floor "You stole my sweets" "whoops?" Athena shrugged innocently. Athena and Neville then started rolling about on the floor, trying to overpower the other. The parents of the two smile at the sight whilst others laugh.

At this elevation, the MIST hangs in thick, undulating veils, the Shrieking Shack an eerie silhouette in the gloom. Ron and Hermione stand stiffly, attempting, as best they can, to conceal the fact that, basically, they're scared stiff.

Hermione: It's meant to be the most haunted building in Britain. Did I mention that?
Ron: Twice.
Hermione: Should we move a bit closer?
Ron: Huh? Oh... All right...

They take a step. One step. Stop dead.

The great hall laugh.

Ron: Actually, it's fine from here.
Hermione: Perfect.

Just then, VOICES ECHO and THREE FIGURES appear over the rise, phantoms in the mist. Malfoy. Crabbe. Goyle.

Draco: Well, well. Look who's here. You two shopping for your dream home? Seems a bit grand for you, Weasel-Bee. Don't your family all sleep in one room?

People who like the Weasleys start shouting insults at the boy. "Sorry Ron" "it's okay mate"

Ron: Shut your mouth, Malfoy.
Draco: [clucking his tongue] Now that's not very friendly. Boys, I think we're going to have to teach Weasel-Bee to respect his superiors.
Hermione: [a harsh chuckle] Hope you don't mean yourself.

Many people "ooooo" at Hermione's remark

Malfoy's eyes shift, regard Hermione with disgust.

Draco: How dare you speak to me, you filthy, little mud --

SPLAT! Malfoy takes a SNOWBALL to the grill. Splutters:

Draco: Who did that!

The great hall start laughing again