Chapter 5: The Triwizard Tournament

The camera drops revealing the Hogwarts express steaming down the rails. Students hang out of compartment doors, talking, laughing, while an old woman pushes a candy trolley up to Athena, Ron, Hermione and Neville's compartment.

Many of the marauders generation smile at the sight. They loved and hated the train journey. Loved it because they saw their friends and could catch up and hated it because how long it took to get to Hogwarts.

Old woman: Anything off the trolley, dears?

Athena, Ron and Neville leap up, while Hermione continues to read the Daily prophet. Over a photograph of the dark mark a headline screams: 'TERROR AT THE WORLD CUP'

Ron: I'll have a pack of Droobles. And a licorice wand and.... [Ron digs into his pocket, frowns] On second thought, just the Drewballs.

Molly and Arthur look down, saddened. Upon seeing their sad faces the Weasley children try to cheer them up and give them positive affirmations.

Athena: S'alright, I'll get it ––
Ron: [Firmly to the lady] Just the Drewballs.

Ron takes his gum, quickly ducks back into the compartment. Athena frowns, feeling guilty, but then hears his voice:

Fred (O.S): One Pumpkin pastie please my darling

Athena turns, finding her ginger haired boyfriend and his twin trying to flirt with the trolley lady to get their items for free. Sensing Athena's gaze, he looks up and....smiles.

All the women giggle or squeal at the scene. Whilst Athena's family (the males) all grumble and glare.

Old woman: Something sweet for you, dear?
Fred: She already has something sweet [He winks at her] Don't you Thena?

James slowly turns his head round and glares at Fred, making said boy extremely uncomfortable. Lily whacks James on the arm and forces him to carry on watching the screen.

Neville: Ugh get a room you two. If you ain't getting anything Athena please get out the way I've been standing here forever!
Athena: [Rolling her eyes at her brothers dramatics, starts making her way over to the twins] Flirting with the poor woman again, are we?
George: It's worked before! Hasn't is Fred?
Fred: Right you are George!
Athena: I'll believe it, when I see it [She laughs] Are you two joining our compartment?
Fred/George: Yeah, once we have gotten Lee
Athena: Okay see you soon

Fred gives Athena a quick kiss on the cheek and walks off to find Lee, Athena turns around and walks back into the compartment she shares with her friends/family. She looks at Hermione, seeing her shake her head and grumble under her breath.

Hermione: This is horrible, how can the ministry not know who conjured it. Isn't there any security or?––
Ron: Loads according to Dad, that's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses.

"Clearly there wasn't enough" grumbled Mad-eye "or they are too stupid to see what was going on" he continued.

Hermione sees Athena rubbing her head.

Hermione: It's hurting again isn't it, your scar.

"Well done for pointing out the obvious Mione" Theo grinned "yeah whatever made you think of that" Blaise mocked. Hermione just ignored the two boys, used to their antics, whilst the trouble makers were trying not to laugh. Athena, Fred and George didn't care, they openly laughed which ended up with them getting scolded by their mothers.

Ron, full of gum, stops chewing, eyes Athena with trepidation.

Athena: It's fine
Hermione: Suit yourself. But at least tell him. You know he'd want you too.

"DEAR PADFOOT" on a bit of parchment is shown...Athena rolls up the parchment, fixes it to Hedwigs leg and let's her fly free of her hands and through the open window. It's later in the day and Hedwig soars high, leaving the train behind as she knits her way across the sky. On the horizon a castle appears.

The hall glows magically, decked out for the start-of-term feast. Albus Dumbledore addresses the house tables from the top of the hall while Flitwick, Hagrid, McGonagall and Snape look on. Filch glowers from the rear doors.

Dumbledore: Mr Filch, our beloved caretaker, has informed me, that the list of objects forbidden within the castle now includes Screaming yo-yos, Fanged frisbees, Ever-bashing boomerangs and chocolate Marshmallow bunnies (a mischievous beat) I'm joking about that last one. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items and maybe viewed in Mr. Filches office.
Ron: Mental. Always has been [Athena is shown grinning]
Dumbledore: Now. There is an explanation. You see, Hogwarts–– [Filch is shown running down the hall to Dumbledore, Dumbledore leans down as Filch whisperers something in his ear] Yes. Okay. Okay. Now, Hogwarts will this year play host to a legendary event. An event that has not taken place in over one hundred years...The Triwizard Tournament!

"What!" "Seriously" "You can't it's too dangerous!!" "What the fuck is happening?" Questioned Sirius "Mr. Black language!" "Sorry Minnie, I love you....I love you.... I said I love you" "I heard you the first time" smirked Minnie moo.

Fred: You're joking!

The great hall laughs at Fred, who mockingly bows.

Dumbledore: I am not joking, Mr. Weasley. For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament was originally conceived some seven centuries ago as a way for the three largest European Wizardry schools to engage in a series of magical contests while their respective student bodies experienced the benefits of cross-cultural social intercourse.

The childish students and adults all laughed at 'intercourse'. Monty soon got a headache with how hard Mia smacked him.

A crackling, albeit bewildered, silence hangs in the air.

Dumbledore: In other words: One got to spend an entire year getting to know people who spoke a funny language. Unfortunately due to a distressing night death toll, the Tournament was cancelled....

Hermione's brows knit together with dark concern.

Dumbledore: ....until now. Tomorrow, delegations from the Beaxbatons Academy of Magical Arts and the Durmstrang School of Wizardry will journey to Hogwarts. This year, our home will be their home. I ask only that you endeavour to make it a happy one.

"What. The. Fuck" "MR. BLACK!!!"

———————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
How was this chapter?
Merry Christmas!!!! I hope you have the absolute best day today and if you don't my messages are always open🎄
Have a great day/night
Make sure you drink your water and take your medication otherwise Santa won't come!
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️