Chapter 18: Polyjuice Potion

Students drift into the snow with their trunks, heading home for the holiday. As Athena, Ron and Hermione appear, Ernie and few others cast wary glances.

"These bitches" Marlene shouts. Dorcas tries to calm her girlfriend down.

Fred: Make way for the Heir of Slytherin! Seriously evil witch coming through!

Everyone laughs at Fred who cockily smiles, Athena smacks him round the head.

Ron grins, amused, then sees Athena –– anything but.

Ron: Oh, c'mon, Athena. Fred's just having a laugh
Athena: He's the only one.
Ron: Okay, so half the school thinks you're nipping off to the chamber of Secrets every night. Who cares?
Athena: [raising her voice] Yeah I go to the chamber and have a cup of tea with the monster down there! [face saddens] maybe they're right

"Don't let them get to you, they're just being childish" Narcissa smiled at Athena, she weakly smiled back. Ginny shrunk in her seat and became very pale. She didn't want Athena to get the back lash but she also didn't want to do all that.

Hermione: [reproachfully] Athena!
Athena: [frustrated] I didn't know I could speak Parseltongue. What else don't I know about myself? Maybe you can do something....even something horrible....and not know you did it.
Hermione: You don't believe that, Athena, I know you don't. And if it makes you feel any better, I just heard Malfoy's staying over for holiday, too.

"Why would that make anyone feel better" A Ravenclaw said making many laugh.

Ron: Why would that make anyone feel better?
Athena: Right?! Matter of fact that's made me worse Hermione, now I actually want to go down to the chamber and spend the holiday down wherever it is [Ron snorts and Neville comes over]
Neville: I'm sorry Athena! I really am I don't know why I actually believed those stupid gits! You are my sister and I should've believed you not them
Athena: [smiles] I forgive you Neville [they hug] now back to the matter at hand

Everyone smiles at Neville and Athena's brother-sister moment.

Hermione: Because, in a few days, the Polyjuice potions will be ready. In a few days...we may truly know who is the Heir of Slytherin.
Neville: I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that but if you guys need help I'm here
Athena: Actually I think there is a way you can help, I need you to get a strand of Pansys hair I would do it but I have a detention for putting a potion in the Ravenclaws drinks and turning them into actual Ravens [Neville nods]
Ron: Wait that was you? That was awesome! [Hermione smacks Ron and Athena on their heads, Neville giggles but stops at Hermione's glare]

Some Ravenclaws glare at Athena who only smirks, other Ravenclaws laugh at the prank, the Marauders and the Prewett twins take notes. "How is it my daughters cooler than me" "well it's not that hard dad" "Oi watch it young lady or I'll ground you" "haha you'll have to catch me first old man" Athena runs out the hall with James chasing after her, many smile at the father-daughter duo.

The Christmas Feast. The hall glimmers grandly as snowflakes tumble from the ceiling. Athena and Ron sit with Hermione.

Hermione: Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into.
Athena: Crabbe and Pansy
Hermione: And we also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Pansy can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy. Also, since Goyle is with them you'll need to make sure he's knocked out.
Athena: Don't worry about Pansy, she went home for the holidays.
Ron: How?