Chapter 17: Execution

A scraping sound is heard, and a man is shown as he sits against the tree-like structure in the courtyard, with crows all around him. Athena, Neville, Ron, and Hermione step out, and see the man, Walden Macnair, sharpening a massive axe blade.

People glare at the screen.

He looks up at them as they approach; Hermione scowls at him as she walks past, obviously knowing that he intends to use it on Buckbeak. Macnair looks at Athena and grins maliciously as he continues sharpening his axe. Athena, Neville, Ron, and Hermione walk along the Covered Bridge, heading to Hagrid's cabin.

Hermione: I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible.
Ron: [as they reach the other end of the bridge] It just got worse. [they see Draco and his pals looking down at Hagrid's house from the hilltop]
Draco: What did I tell you? Father said I can keep the hippogriff's head. I think I'll donate it to the Gryffindor's common room. [enraged, Hermione quickly walks towards Draco] Oh, this is going to be rich.
Crabbe: [seeing Athena and her friends approaching] Look who's here.
Draco: Ah, come to see the show? [happily holds out his arms]
Hermione: You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach! [points her wand at Malfoy's throat in her rage]
Neville: Hermione, no! He's not worth it.

"Do it!" Cheer the Marauders and co.

Draco stands there whimpering as Hermione keeps her wand against his throat, then lowers it and turns away. Draco chuckles; next second, Hermione spins around and punches him in the face.

"YESSSS" cheer the hall

Crabbe: [as he and the other boy help Draco to his feet] Malfoy, are you okay? Let's go! Quick!
Draco: [as he and his friends run to the bridge] Not a word to anyone. Understood? I'm gonna get that jumped-up Mudblood! Mark my words!
Hermione: That felt good.
Ron: Not good. Brilliant.
Athena: That was fucking awesome girl!
Neville: That was so badass

Hermione smiles with satisfaction. The four of them then head down the steps to Hagrid's house, walking past Buckbeak, who's chained up in the pumpkin patch, awaiting his approaching execution.

Hagrid: [as he and Athena look out the window at Buckbeak] Oh, look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through 'em.

Everyone starts frowning again.

Athena: Why don't we just set him free?
Hagrid: [wishing he could, but knows that he can't] They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get into trouble. He's coming down, you know, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they... when it happens. [walking away from the window] Great man, Dumbledore. Great man. [Hagrid's flobberworm squeals; he throws it a piece of food, which it eats in one bite]
Hermione: We'll stay with you, too, Hagrid.
Hagrid: You'll do no such thing! [points at the window] Think I want you seeing something like that? No! You just drink your tea and be off. Oh. Before you do, Ron... [he picks up a plastic container and opens it and pulls Scabbers out]
Ron: [overjoyed to see his rat alive] Scabbers. You're alive! [takes Scabbers from Hagrid]
Hagrid: You want to keep a closer eye on your pets, Ron.
Hermione: [as Ron turns around] I think that means you owe someone an apology.
Ron: Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know.

The trouble makers laugh.

Neville: [facepalms] For merlins sake Ron
Hermione: I meant me. [suddenly, the vase on the table breaks]
Hagrid: Blimey. What was that? [Hermione looks closely and finds a small rock with a snail shell pattern on it]
Athena: [a rock hits her in the back of the head] Ow. [she turns around and looks out the window] Hagrid. [beckoning Hagrid to the window]
Hagrid: [walking to the window and looking out] Oh, crikey.

Fudge, Dumbledore, and Macnair are walking towards Hagrid's house, talking; Fudge glances at Buckbeak as he goes

"RUN" "HIDE" "FLY" "how are they supposed to fly Daniel?" "I don't know Rachel I just wanted to be apart of the screaming!"

Dumbledore: No, Minister. Over this way.
Hagrid: [feeling very tense now] It's late. It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here. [going to his basket and grabbing a blanket] Someone sees you outside the castle this time of night, you'll be in trouble. Big trouble, particularly you, Athena. [there is a knock at the door] With you in a moment. [throwing the blanket over his flobberworm] Quick. Quick! [Ron, Neville and Hermione head for the back door as Dumbledore knocks on the door again]
Athena: Hagrid. It'll be fine. It'll be okay.
Hagrid: [smiles slightly at Athena's attempt to give him emotional support] Go on. Go on!
Dumbledore: [as Hermione opens the back door] That's the ling you can see over there on the slope. [all three men have their backs turned, unaware that Athena and her friends are there; Hagrid opens the door to let them in] Ah, Hagrid.
Hagrid: Good evening, Professor Dumbledore. [Fudge graciously steps inside] Minister, just make your way through. Have a tea if you like.
Fudge: [obviously not thirsty] No, Hagrid. [Dumbledore and Macnair follow him inside] Gentlemen...
Dumbledore: [Athena, Neville, Ron, and Hermione race to the rear of the pumpkin patch] I'd like a cup of tea.
Fudge: [as Hagrid watches Athena, Neville, Ron, and Hermione leaving] Well, I think we should get down to our business, shall we? Very well. It is the decision of the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures that the hippogriff known as Buckbeak, hereafter called "The Condemned", shall be executed this day at sundown.
Hagrid: Dear, dear...
Dumbledore: Now, now, Hagrid. It'll be all right.
Fudge: [as Athena, Neville, Ron, and Hermione continue eavesdropping from the pumpkin patch] The executioner shall dispatch the condemned by means of beheading. [Hermione hears a twig snap behind her and turns around]
Athena/Neville: What?
Hermione: I thought I just saw... Never mind.
Ron: Let's go.

As Athena, Neville, Ron, and Hermione run towards the steps leading back to the castle, Buckbeak suddenly looks up. Ron glances back at him as they go.

Hagrid: Buckbeak didn't mean no harm.

Buckbeak lets out an uneasy bray as he watches the four teenagers running back to the castle. Athena takes a last look at Buckbeak before racing after Neville, Ron and Hermione up the castle stairs. From the hilltop, Ron, Neville, Hermione, and Athena look down at Hagrid's house.

Hagrid and Dumbledore are standing on the front steps of the house, Fudge is standing right in front of the steps, and Macnair faces them, standing just inches from the pumpkin patch. Dumbledore points at the pumpkin patch; as he turns to go inside the cabin, Macnair raises his axe and walks toward Buckbeak, hidden from view by the trees.

Hagrid sadly takes a last look at his feathered friend, then turns to go inside his house. Athena, Neville, Ron, and Hermione watch with mounting tension; even Scabbers seems a little skittish. Hermione closes her eyes briefly and murmurs.

Athena: Neville quickly go back inside the castle please [Neville nods and runs back up to the castle]

Alice and Frank thank Athena.

Hermione silently gasps as she sees Macnair lift his axe above his head, tilt it backwards, then bring it down with lightning speed. A chopping sound is heard; the execution has been carried out. The crows that have been hanging around Macnair fly away, squawking and cawing.

"Nooooo" cry out all first years and animal lovers.

Ron: Oh no.

————————————————————————————————————————
A/N:
Hello my loves!
How was this chapter?
We get to see Peters betrayal soooooonnnn
Have a good day/night
Make sure you stay hydrated and take your medication🤍
I love you!

⚡️Mischief Managed⚡️