This Is New

I'm going through the comments and seeing all the love, it's just making me want to write more and more even if I have a hard time finding motivation
This chapter is based on my life right now, I found someone I can truly love and trust, and I wanted to share :) (I obviously switched it up from what we did irl, don't want nobody who knows me finding me)

Thanks for sticking around for so long, much love <3

—————————

My life seemed so dull before I met you.

A college dropout; making less than minimum wage at a fast food restaurant, my life seemed bleak. No car, no friends besides the online ones, (who I never really talked to anyways) it was hard wanting to keep going.

But you?

I met you while working at that damn job, hah. You came inside, I was working the front counter. My heart seemed to skip a beat. I gave you a compliment; your smile made me stutter.

I was shocked when you showed back up not even 5 minutes later to get my number.

——————————

Our first date was beautiful. Although on the ride we got lost, quite a bit but I wasn't complaining, but we blamed it on our ongoing conversation. You took me to walk along the beach, you had planned is so perfectly so we could watch the sunset.

Your blue eyes shown beautifully and I couldn't help but stare most of the time. You reached over to hold my hand, the rings along your fingers cold, but your hand as warm as the setting sun.

We talked about our passions; I found you loved to paint. I asked to watch, maybe be your muse. He smiled, a small blush adorning your face, and whispered "I'd like that".

—————————

As it turns out; we're a lot similar than I had thought. It's also funny how you live down the street from where I stay at too. A coincidence? I'm not sure, but I'm not going to think about it too hard.

We're both a big fan of video games, it's a constant battle of who can get the most wins. I'm keeping a tally, currently I'm in the lead by 30, he's just one point behind.

I've met some of his friends too. They've known each other for so long, it was hard trying to fit in to their dynamic. But I've been told that his friends do like me, so I'm not too worried about it anymore.

————————

Things are going so well between us. I've never felt this much happiness before. So much has happened to me in the past, but he has done everything for me and more.

I still have times where I can't seem to get my mind out of my past, though. All the raging thoughts of 'he's going to leave me' and 'I don't deserve anything he does for me' drive me up the wall. I saw a post on TikTok that I thought was pretty funny, about how now that I've found a green flag I'm now the red flag. I felt like it related, but when I showed him he didn't seem to believe I was a red flag. He even knows all my issues, well, most of them. He loves me anyways.

Driving late at night with him is the best. One of my many favorite days with him is when he told me he loved me.

We were parked in an empty parking lot, the lights weren't working to light it up. It was one of those cloudy nights, but it was beautiful none the less. It's amazing how people can look just as good in the moonlight as they do during sunny days.

He turned to look at me, gave me a smile, and raised his hand to hold my cheek. I leaned in with a soft smile of my own, kissing his palm.

"I love you."

My eyes shot open wide. My heart pounded, all I could think about was him. A more level headed person would probably be more calm about this but, I figured, there's no fun in all that.

Both my arms wrapped around him tightly, him doing the same to me. Kisses traveled up and down my face and I repeated those lovely words back to him. The world around us was put on pause as we adored each other like this. Soft smiles and sweet kisses, loving eyes and wandering hands. It was just us that night; a night I'll never forget.

————————

You continue to excite me. We're almost to one year together, how crazy is that?

You've shown me a kind of love I've never experienced. A kind of love that cherishes each other, cares just enough for each other. A love that no matter what; I believe will continue to stay strong as long as we do.

We're both strong on our own, John, but with you? I feel like we can conquer anything life puts in our path.

Thank you for giving me a whole new perspective, baby, here's to many more years with you.

Love,

Jaren Smith

———————————

I hope you enjoyed :))