Secret Power?

lukas

"Jaren Lukas Reed! Get your ass down here now!" I winced at the booming voice. I didnt waste any time, knowing how bad my father could get. I rushed down, nearly lifting myself off the ground. It was a new power I figured out, but he didnt need to know that.

"Yes sir?" "Clean this place up. We dont live in a barn. Fix your mess." He smacked my head and rested himself on the couch. It was his, but I knew better. It may seem easy to clean up everything with your mind, but it took so much energy out of me.

I dont know how I got these powers. Mother said they were a gift, and father agreed at the time, but shes gone, and now he despises them. With a grunt, I made sure everything was put back into place. Fuck, he trashed the place worse than last week.

I sat on one of the chairs in the dining room, holding my head in my hands. "Jaren! Go out and buy food! Dont make me wait." "Yes sir."

I grabbed my shoes that were by the door, putting them on and grabbed my jacket that was on the hook. Thank god my wallet was in there. I left, and I let out a sigh of relief. Fuck, it felt good to get out of there. I made my way down the sidewalk.

Glances were thrown my way, but i kept my head down. I knew why they were staring at me. It sucked, being the only one singled out in your own home. I had a plan though. A very risky, childish plan but I had to get out.

I noticed the store up ahead and smiled. I jogged towards the doors, looking around. "Evan!" He looked up from stacking the cereal boxes, and waved. "Hows it been man?" He asked once I got closer. "Same old, same old. Dads still a dick. Tonights the night though."

He nodded and sighed. "Im gonna miss you, canadian fucker." "Ill miss you too you racist." He laughed and shooed me off. I smiled and walked around, grabbing the things I needed- well, what dad needed. I made sure to keep the stuff I needed seperate from the card he uses.

Evan was the only one I trusted with my secret, them being the powers and my trip to America. He hasnt told anyone he knows yet, which is good.

I left with bags in hand. I sent a smile and a goodbye nod towards Evan, him doing the same. Fuck, goodbyes are hard.

---------------

It was midnight. My flight left in an hour, the ride to the airport takes about 30 minutes. I grabbed my bag, passport in hand. I looked around my room, a tear falling. This was my home. And I had to leave it.

I shook my head and opened my door. I lifted myself off the floor with a small grunt and made my way down the stairs. I could hear the snores coming from the room my dad resided in. I reached out for the couch, grabbing onto it as my feet hit the ground. I panted, holding my head. I really need to work on these powers.

I walked slowly once i regained balance, reaching the door and unlocked it. The click echoed around the quiet house and i winced, listening for movement. Once i felt it was safe, i grabbed the doorhandle and twisted.

"Where the hell do you think youre going?" I turned to see the rigid figure of my father. "Im leaving, thats what Im doing." I looked towards the couch cushions, lifting them and pelted him with them. Hes distracted.

I hurridly opened the front door and ran. I was already weak from using my powers, which made running difficult. I didnt care though. I ran until i couldnt hear the shouts from him.

I reached the little town we lived in. I grabbed my phone, checking the time. "F-fuck. I dont have enough time." I looked around in a panic, seeing a cab turning the corner. I ran, waving my hand out to grab his attention. He pulled over and I opened the door. "Canadian Airlines. Please hurry."