CHAPTER 7

Ryan's POV

The door is locked.

My hand is on the doorknob still. Then I turn it again but it won't budge.

It has been locked from the inside. Without thinking of a single reason why the woman I just got married to a few hours ago is locking me outside my own bedroom, I raise my hand to knock.

The knock is loud enough to wake the dead. She can't possibly tell me that she locked the door and slept off. I only spent thirty minutes outside trying to let everything sink into my head and also to think of what to do after this damn thing is over.

I have been trying to get over how she ridiculed me at the church wedding. She didn't let me kiss her on the lips. Isn't that part of the pretense? We are to make believe that we are real and beginning to like each other, isn't this what she said?

I felt humiliated. What if someone had seen that?

Fortunately, no one was quick to observe anything between us. Not even the tension and despise we feel for each other.

There is no answer.

"Valerie, open the door", I call her name loudly as I continue to knock.

Isn't she going to answer me? Is this woman I call a wife crazy? How can she do this on our wedding night?

I already know the exact type of personality she possessed when I first met her. She can do and undo. She doesn't even feel intimidated by me.

"Val?" I call out unconsciously. This is what her parents called her at the wedding reception. She is indeed good at acting. She was all smiles and clingy to me as we took pictures.

It was irritating the shit out of me, probably because I didn't like how touchy she was since we aren't real or because she rejected a kiss from me.

Me.

Girls die to have that one kiss.

Who the hell does she think she is?

With a mixture of anger and frustration, I bang on the door and it is thrown open instantly.

My gaze falls on a white towel and a hand wiping her hair.

Was she in the bathroom all along?

Without saying anything, I walk in but her face appeared from nowhere and she stops me, blocking my way with her hands spread out wide.

"Why were you banging the door that way?" She questions, her small face in a deep frown, as though the house belongs to her.

There is another towel wrapped around her bosom showing her smooth skin and her curvy shape.