CHAPTER 12

Valerie's POV

Frederick is the type of man who loves a woman with everything he possesses. He was the exact type of man I wanted; one who loves fiercely and passionately. One who loves me for who I am. One who doesn't criticize my shortcomings but accepts and loves them as well.

A man who looks at me and smiles for no reason. A man who loves even my dirtiest moment.

That is Fred.

This is the exact definition of Fred. He is that man. And it was so hard not to fall deeply in love with him.

The way he loves me, the way he smiles at me, and the way he shuts me up with a kiss whenever I am in the mood for an argument always gets me weak in the legs.

I keep loving him every single day for loving me despite everything.

But one thing is an obstacle.

His cheating nature.

I doubt if Fred would ever stop doing that. Being with Brenda is what broke the camel's back and I don't ever want to be with him again, even though it hurts.

It hurts so much.

My heart hurts. It feels like a fire is in my heart, impossible to be quenched by anything.

Seeing his call earlier made the memories I have been trying so hard to erase crash upon me heavily and a small shiver ran down my spine.

My heart was beating twice its normal rate and it saddens me to know that I still love Fred. Getting married in a short time simply because I want to make him jealous and regret what he did to me won't let the feelings I have for him go away.

Whenever I crave his attention and he isn't there to listen to my rants, I take solace in writing now.

Being married, I really wish I can create new good memories so they can easily erase the old memories I have of Fred.

I have been having a hard time letting go. But it makes me pathetic and I don't like being pathetic.

I am a strong lady. No man can bring me down. Fred made me cry, he is the first and last man I am going to cry for.

Brenda might have won but I am going to have the last laugh.

I guess getting his call is enough evidence that my plan is already working. I am getting their attention already and I will see how things end up.

But for now, I have to put my feelings on hold. No man is worth it.

With grace, I walk into the restaurant where he invited me, making an effort to calm my racing heart and stop the trembling of my hands which is in anticipation of seeing the man I have always loved.