CHAPTER 41

Ryan's POV

She is one hell of a woman.

I thought she would become jealous of my question and throw a tantrum but she isn't doing any of that and I don't feel satisfied.

I really don't know why I feel this way. The other day, I was so excited about the thought of having sex but here I am asking for permission from her and after getting the permission, the excitement is nonexistent.

What is wrong with me?

I watch as her eyes bulge open in surprise. I am as surprised as she is. I didn't mean to ask her that question but there is something at the back of my mind that I can't bring to the forefront.

Something forbidden. Uncalled for. Something that shouldn't be heard of me.

"What?!" She exclaims again for the umpteenth time.

I shrug in genuine puzzlement. I really do not know why I said that too.

Suddenly, I let out a chuckle and watch her roll her eyes at me, then sigh. "You are kidding, right?"

I shrug again, this time in sheer ignorance of what I am exactly doing.

She let out a long hiss that gets me laughing again, purposely throwing my head backward to hide my embarrassment.

When I drop my head back to its normal position, she is watching me with those intense sexy eyes. "You are kidding, right?"

I smirk. "What do you think?"

She shuts her eyes, glares at me, looks away, and grunts. "I don't even know whether to take you seriously or not. It seems I don't even know you anymore."

"Do you even know me?"

"Of course I do."

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do. You are Ryan Lorenzo, the CEO of…."

My groan stops her halfway. "That is a boring topic to have here."

"What isn't boring then? The topic of having a sex partner?" She questions with sudden interest, her eyes twinkling with amusement. Right now, I don't know if she really wants us to talk about this topic or not or even if she is doing this just for fun.

I brought up the topic but I don't feel like saying anything further about it. I have lost total interest.

Glancing away, I try to think of the best topic to talk about. I remember I brought the necklace along so I pick it up again from the table and open it so she can see it.

I sneaked into her room to get this. Ever since I got her this as a gift, she hasn't worn it and I wish she would do something like that.