CHAPTER 10

Valerie's POV

My nose twitches and my eyes flick open, the rays of the sun setting on my skin.

I sit up and glance around as the memories of yesterday's event come rushing as well as last night.

I turn to the curtains to see them open. Did Ryan open them? I look towards the door and it is still locked.

Maybe the curtains were drawled to their sides last night.

I get out of bed and move towards the door, rubbing my two hands on my eyes to rub off the sleep.

I am damn hungry and I could eat a horse right now.

I unlock the door and get out. Finding my way to the kitchen, I get to the living room and my eyes fall on Ryan sleeping 

 on the floor with his blanket hanging on his leg, half of it on the couch.

Did he fall from the couch or he purposely slept on the floor?

I almost chuckle at the sight of him sleeping with his legs apart.

I know he might want to go to work since there is no talk of a honeymoon and I really don't want him around for the whole day. Maybe I should wake him up.

I can't be bad all the time.

Strolling to the living room, I bend down slightly and tap him with my right hand, the other hand still rubbing my eyes.

He doesn't even shake so I lean forward with arms akimbo, wondering if he is a deep sleeper.

Why isn't he waking up?

Feeling lazy to bend down again and tap him, I raise my leg and hit him on the butt and he jumps up with a scream.

He glances around, probably to see if there is an intruder in the house while I am still standing in front of him with my hands on my waist.

When his gaze finally settles on me, he frowns deeply and looks down.

"Did you just hit me?" His husky voice asks and the sleep in his eyes vanishes immediately.

I shake my head innocently. "No, I was waking you up for work."

"Waking me up?" He scoffs and throws the blanket over his shoulder, his hand going to massage his forehead.

Is he having a headache? I shouldn't have woken him up. Maybe he isn't going to work and he wants to use the day to relax at home. 

But I don't think I can stand him.

"I tapped you but you weren't waking up…"