CHAPTER 65

Valerie's POV 

With a groan and a banging headache, I step down from the bed, glancing around to see if Ryan came back to sleep here last night or not.

The other bed is empty and seems untouched. 

Rubbing a finger on my forehead, I walk to the fridge to get some water. Suddenly, I remember I told Ryan to go out of the room last night which must be the reason why he didn't come back.

Maybe he is in the other room.

After drinking a glassful of water, I stroll to the door, the headache still very much present.

I take the door out and move towards my room, wondering if he slept there or somewhere else. 

I was really harsh last night and I feel bad for sending him out of his room. I feel stupid for initiating the heated kiss which almost led to something else and I couldn't help my rudeness. I just don't want him to think otherwise. 

But now, I can't help but ponder over what he thinks of me.

I know he is doing all he can to make me happy. I was happy he took me to a party last night but I don't just know why I had to kiss him to ruin everything.

I was drunk, yes.

That is the case. If I wasn't drunk, I wouldn't have done such a silly thing. I don't want something more from our relationship. I just want things to be the same between us.

I don't want us to fight either. We should be able to understand each other now and if possible confide in each other, not fight and reconcile like kids.

Surprisingly, my room is also empty. The bedspread is neatly arranged and I'm sure no one slept here.

Where the hell is he?

I walk back to the room, my thoughts all over the place.

Did he sleep somewhere else last night?

A gasp leaves my mouth when I remember a call came in for him last night 

Did he spend the night out? Was it a girl who called him? Was he so turned on by that heated kiss that he had to go out and find a girl to sleep with?

I almost bump into a maid holding a tray but I am quick to step back. 

"Sorry, ma'am", she apologizes. "Your breakfast is ready."

The fact that breakfast is ready and has been brought up to me in the room means I woke up late like always and Ryan is either off to work or didn't come home.

"Where is Ryan?" I question her immediately, my brows arched in curiosity.

She shakes her head. "I haven't seen him."

"You didn't see him this morning?" I demand, now sure that my assumption is right. "Does that mean he didn't spend the night here?"

She looks hesitant before shaking her head. "I saw him going out last night and he called the head maid to lock all the doors because he won't be coming home."

I said it!

My instinct is right this time. 

He didn't spend the night here. Where did he go? Did he spend the night with a woman or did he sleep in his office?

I have never seen him with any woman since we got married and even after I permitted him to date if he wants to and it makes me wonder if he has any woman like he once claimed.

Quickly, I go back to the room and the maid follows. Venturing into the room further, I grab a towel while she drops the food tray down on the stool.

I rush into the bathroom.

I need to be sure I am 100 percent right. I want to visit him in his office for two reasons; first, to know where he slept and if he is still mad at me.

I didn't mean to be that way.

As I take a quick bath, it dawns on me that I am going there because of my curiosity, not because I want to know if he is still pissed about last night.

Ryan will be back home tonight and I can ask him all the numerous questions I have for him but I am in a hurry to see him.

I am no longer denying that I am desperate to know if he went out with a girl last night 
Also, I can't be so sure that he will come back home tonight.

Waving all the thoughts away, I get out of the bathroom and within minutes, I am dressed. I wear a tank top and a trouser.

Without bothering to make myself up, I grab my phone and the car keys before going out.

When I get to the door, my stomach rumbles, reminding me about the food the maid brought for me.

I turn back to stare at the tray. Instead of forfeiting my desire to fulfill my hunger needs, I turn away and go out of the door, slamming it shut.

I dangle the keys in my hand nervously as I take the staircase down, leading to the front door. I am wearing a sandal to match my simple dress.

As soon as I get to the front door, I pull it open and step out. Hurriedly, I walk towards the garage to get the car.

If Ryan is in his office, I can't be so sure if he slept there or not. But if he isn't there, then it means he didn't stay the night there.

The Ryan I know isn't someone who would skip going to work or afford to get to work late. I know meeting him there will create more questions that I might not be able to find answers to.

I can't be so sure whether he slept there or not if he is in the office.

The moment I turn the corner to the garage, my eyes catch a red dangling bag which makes me step back to see someone standing by a car.

It seems like the car just drove in. She is looking up at someone and out of curiosity about who this is, I take another step back to see him.

The man I am going to look for.

Ryan.

I can't see his face but I know it is him. Apart from the suit he had on before he left my room last night which makes me recognize him instantly, I can recognize him from his backside anytime and anywhere.

I can't see the girl's face properly.

Who is this girl? What is he doing with her?

Before I can interrupt their conversation by clearing my thoughts or doing something to alert them that someone is here, she grabs his face roughly and kisses him.

My jaws drop open in shock.

I almost drop the phone in my hand but I manage to calm my nerves and bat my eyes to be sure I am not dreaming or imagining things.

With a sinking feeling and a huge lump stuck in my throat, I shut my mouth. I am about to turn back to go back into the house when she pulls away from the kiss and our eyes meet.

Celina.

She flashes me a smile and my mouth drops open again.

****

Celina and Ryan?

What do you think Ryan is doing with her? Didn't he act all angry when he saw her the other day? Then why is he with her?

Who do you think she is to him? Were they in a relationship? Did they spend the night together? Does he like her?

If he doesn't like her, why is he allowing her to kiss him?

What do you think will be going through Valerie's head right now?

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️😘