CHAPTER 50

Valerie's POV

With my hands tightly wrapped around him firmly and my head on his back, I let the sound of the motorcycle engine drown my thoughts, concerns, and worries.

I am also ignoring the suspicion I am having about Ryan lying to me about the kiss. I don't want to think about anything now. I just want to enjoy the evening air brushing past my face and hair.

If I wasn't in a sad mood, I would have loved to shout into the air with one of my hands flying around and the other holding onto Ryan as he drives.

I don't know where he is driving me to but I don't care. I just want to be far away from that cold room and let my worries go.

My father is still in the hospital. I wanted to spend the night with him but my mom insisted on having me gone. From her persistence, I can see how much she wants me and Ryan to work unlike what I told Ryan a few minutes ago.

Even with that, I still believe that the person who needs this sort of assurance is his mom, not my mom. My mom is just after the money they promised my father.

Suddenly, the speed increases, and I let out a yelp as I hold onto him more tightly. He chuckles lightly and I hit him on the shoulder.

We keep going in complete silence. Now, the silence isn't as awkward as it was earlier in the room. It is comforting. Comfortable.

The motorcycle was in his penthouse. I saw it there on our wedding night and I have been meaning to drive on it but I couldn't bring it up because we weren't on good terms.

Tonight reminds me a lot about being my father's princess. Dad used to do this with me whenever he had something troubling his mind when I was still young.

I was his princess and he prefers going out on a motorcycle with his Princess to his wife. I wish I had his sort of patience. Being with my mom over the years has been a result of his patience. My mom is hard to deal with and hard to live with for years without fighting.

Realizing that I am still thinking about everything I said I wasn't going to think about, I turn my head to the other side, my left cheek on Ryan's back, and I shut my eyes.

I don't want to think about anything.

Nothing. Not about being my dad's princess. Not about my dad's situation or ill health. Not about my plan to interrogate him after he has been discharged from the hospital. 

And not even about that awkward kiss.

Ryan seemed like he had something to say to me when he came into my room this night. I guessed it was about the kiss but when I saw the disappointment crossing his expression after I asked him if he did that because of my mother, I concluded that he didn't come to talk about the kiss and I should forget all about it.

It should mean nothing, right? After all, I am not proud of it happening.