CHAPTER 9

Ryan's POV

She practically jumps on me, scaring the shit out of me. I sit up immediately, letting her slide down with a big grin on her face.

"What was that for?"

She shrugs nonchalantly like she hasn't done anything wrong.

"I need to sleep", I almost add, please. I am already tired of arguing back and forth with her. It is obvious she isn't going to let me be.

"Please?" She demands, raising her brow. This is when I notice her hand on mine. I yank my hand off immediately.

Turning back to the bed, I comment. "Please."

Then, I lay down, hoping she will let me be now.

"I didn't ask you to sleep yet", she jumps down from the bed and drags me up. Now I am more than convinced that she jumps for a living. 

Why the hell is she jumping like a monkey all over the place? What does she even do for a living?

I know I married a stranger but I should have asked her if she had a job so she won't be a complete liability. Having to help her parents is enough.

"We need to sign the contract first of all…", she pauses to remember what else we need to do since it is our first night together. I didn't want us to sign the contract before the vows were exchanged so the contract will hold grounds.

Suddenly, I remember I haven't written down the rules as I promised.

I squat beside the side drawers and open it up with a key which was on top of the drawer.

It opens and I bring out the envelope which contains the contract we are to sign. My lawyer gave me this and I trust him enough not to disclose any of this to either my parents or her parents.

I am actually doing her a favor.

"We should sign the contract already", I tell her as I produce a pen from the drawer before closing it and sitting back on the bed.

She is quiet and I look up to see her face expressionless.

If only she can be this quiet and gentle all the time, then I will have no reason to wish this never happened. I will have no reason to be pissed or frustrated.

Then she begins to look thoughtful and I raise the envelope. "Can we sign this now?"

I am really tired and I want to get this done with. Let's just sign it and go to bed.

"The rules", she reminds me. "Are they listed in the contract?"

I shake my head. "Not really. Just the essential contract guidelines. I haven't included my rules yet but I plan to list them out for you now before we eventually sign it."