CHAPTER 29

Ryan's POV

The moment we get to the shade and I help her sit down before sitting across from her, she picks up a paper and throws it at me.

I was expecting a long moment of silence from her before I eventually asks her to forgive me but from the look of things, I have already been forgiven. She is just ignoring me on purpose.

I take the paper to see if it is actually a newspaper. When I drop it over my lap, I see the headlines.

Ryan Lorenzo, the CEO of Multi-Million Company seen with his newly wedded wife having a private dinner at ...."

I look up to see Mother's expression. Still unreadable.

Did my plan work?

"Is it true?" She demands weakly, her hands trembling a little. I notice she isn't as lively as she was the last time we came here for dinner. She seems to be getting weaker every day.

I nod without a word.

There is a picture of Valerie and I attached to the news. I don't understand why she is asking me if it is true.

Maybe she wants to know if it is indeed Valerie or maybe she thinks it is just an act.

"Are you being real with her?" She questions again, but right now, her eyes seem to be speaking volumes of words and it is shining brightly now.

"It was just a surprise dinner I organized for her just to get her forgiveness", I say nonchalantly like I am speaking nothing but the truth.

"Forgiveness? You two fought again?" Horror and worry crosses her expression and I shake my head with a smile.

"No. We didn't fight. It was for the last fight we had…"

"The one about her ex-boyfriend?" She requests immediately and I jerk up in alert.

Does she know about her ex-boyfriend?

"Fred?" I raise a brow in curiosity, wondering how she got to know him. "How did you know him?"

"She told me about him. She said you two fought because of him", she mentions to my hearing and I nod, glad that she told mother this instead of something else.

But with that, I keep asking myself how long it will take for her to get rid of him totally. 

Is she still stuck on him for her to talk to Mother about him?

"You don't need to be jealous. I'm sure she no longer likes him", Mother taps me and I stare back at her, then nod with a smile.

"I'm happy you two are getting along well", she eventually smiles and takes her hand off my body. Then, she stares into space.