CHAPTER 79

Valerie's POV 

About my contract with Ryan, I am hundred percent sure my mother is responsible for telling Father. She can barely hide things from him even when he hides almost everything about himself away from her.

If Mother knows the secret between him and Mr. Lorenzo then I won't bother myself so much just for him to tell me what it is.

I won't be here again, determined to do whatever it takes for him to tell him the truth. This is the only way Ryan can believe me and this is the only way we can save his Mother.

When I told him Anita was involved, he went ballistic with anger. I thought he was going to ask me why I said that or what I saw so I could explain but he became furious, he wouldn't even speak to me as we rode home in silence.

Slowly, I am beginning to get tired of everything. I can't take any action so I won't jeopardize my life, my parent's life, and even Ryan's. He isn't seeing the efforts I am making in all of this.

But last night, he was calm and back to his normal self. He asked me a question. A part of him wanted to believe me but the other part was still in denial of what his so-called Father is capable of. Maybe it was because I told him his Mother told me about the fake miscarriage. Maybe his Mother also said something about it.

If that is the case, then I also need to visit her. I need to question her about a lot of things. I need to ask her about that day. 

Something is definitely fishy. Maybe she wants to protect her husband and daughter but what I can't comprehend is why a daughter would want to harm her Mother.

I can never do that to my Mom, even though she is so annoying sometimes that I can't help it.

The door creaks open and I adjust to my seat. I'm sure it's dad. 

I have been coming here for days to see him but he is always absent. I asked mom where he went but she said she didn't know either.

Father is hiding a lot from us and it's unfair. We need to know what he's up to.

I have been sitting here deep in thought and thinking of what to do to convince him to tell me what it is for almost 2 hours.

Ryan might be home soon but my phone is on silent because I don't want any interruption during my conversation with Father. I also told Mom to give us privacy with the promise that I will tell her everything if he tells me.

I don't plan to tell her everything, though. Just a part of it. I just told her that because I wanted her to cooperate and let me be till he comes back.

"Valerie?" I hear his surprised voice call me. I pretend to jerk upright and look back to see him.

"Dad?" I say in a small voice.

Worry creases his face and I examine him carefully. He is wearing one of his office dresses and wonders what he is up to.

He takes long strides toward me and squats to my height. "What's the matter?"

I shake my head. Before I can think of something to say, tears spring to my eyes and I begin to cry.

My tears are coming right on time and I feel so grateful. This is the only way I can get him to talk. This is the only way I can get him to support me and listen to me.

"What's the matter? Did someone hurt you?" his concerned voice speaks up as he holds up my face again with his two hands firmly on them.

I still have the bandages on even though the doctor asked me to come to take them off today but I wanted Dad to see me with them one more time as a way to convince him to help me.