CHAPTER 32

Valerie's POV

He got away with it after his pocket knife pierced my shoulder and someone came to rescue me.

He fled.

He is a robber. He wanted to rob me of my belongings; my jewelry, phone, and purse but I didn't give in easily. He got mad and hurt me.

Struggling with him helped too. If I hadn't done that, he would have been off with my things even before someone could appear to save me.

"Are you ok, ma'am?" The stranger demands from me with a smile as he helps me to a seat.

He hovers above me with arms akimbo waiting for a reply. I can't find my voice. I am still shaken from what happened a few minutes ago and I can feel the blood oozing from my back.

There is no need for this stranger to know. Ryan will soon be here. I didn't mean to call him but I did anyway and he should be here any minute from now.

I am just worried that I am going to bleed too much before he arrives.

The guy squats to my height with concern filling his expression. "Are you ok?" He asks me again and I nod.

He seems relieved at my reply. He snaps his head towards the road the thief took and turns to me again with a deep frown on his face. "Do you know him?"

I shake my head, wondering if he is a police officer. 

"Did you see his face?"

I shake my head too.

I wish I saw his face but I didn't. The helmet covered everything and I could barely make out his eyes too.

I am sure he is a young lad because of how he ran. A middle-aged man wouldn't run that way.

I was in distress yet he wanted to rob me instead of helping me. This is what the world has turned to. We don't want to help each other, we just want to derive benefits and that's all.

If only everyone would be like me when it comes to that. I am not perfect but when it comes to helping without expecting any single thing in return, I am good at that.

"Should I take you to the nearest station?" The man's question pulls me out of my reverie.

Now, I am sure he is either a police officer or he knows one. 

Before I can tell him not to bother, I hear the horn of a car followed by the headlight. I turn slightly to see the car halting immediately and Ryan jumps out, racing towards me still in the suit.

I thought he would have changed into his pajamas ready to go to bed but he hasn't. Maybe he was worried about me.

"Val, what the hell happened?" He grabs my shoulders, breathing heavily and I wince in pain.