CHAPTER 66

Ryan's POV

With force, I push her away and turn to go back when I see Valerie standing right behind me with her mouth agape.

I twirl around to face Celina who has a big grin of victory on her face. Now I know why she did that.

I was too shocked at first to even push her away because I didn't expect that. We were talking and the next thing she does is kiss me out of the blue.

I shouldn't have let her come in here. I should have dropped her off before driving in.

She purposely kissed me because of Valerie. From behind me, I hear the sound of Valerie's running feet and I know she must have gone back into the house.

"What the hell is the meaning of that?" I bark at her in anger.

The grin wipes off immediately as she replaces it with an innocent look. 

"What are you talking about?" she demands, faking ignorance. 

This isn't her fault. I shouldn't have listened to Mother when she asked me to help her and also listen to what she had to say.

"Get out! Don't ever set foot in here again!" I rail at her before storming off towards the front door.

Valerie is going to think otherwise. I could see that from the expression on her face. She might think I was actually the one kissing Valerie.

I only helped her. 

When my mother called me last night, she asked me to come home. I went there and was surprised to see Celina there. Mother said she helped her because she was stranded and I have no idea how she could be stranded. I don't even know if Mother only said that because she wanted me to thank Celina or not.

Celina asked her to beg me to listen to her and I did. Because of Mother.

Celina and I grew up together. Our parents were close too. I loved her more than I loved my own biological sister. But she was a hypocrite.

She wanted to spend the night at Mother's place because it was late. She was able to convince Mother to command me to stay home because it was too late to drive.

This morning, I woke up late because I kept tossing in bed last night till it was almost dawn. When I got out to drive home so I could take a bath before going to work, I met her beside my car waiting.

I take the staircase up to my room, wondering if she is there or if she is in her room.

I knock on my room door and without a response, I push the doorknob and enter to see her laying on the bed.

I close the door quietly and venture inside, biting my lower lips in regret and guilt. I shouldn't have allowed Celina to stay in the car till I got home.

I know how I felt when I got the wrong idea of her kissing her ex-boyfriend so I can imagine how she feels right now.

"Uhmm, Val?" I call, expecting her to attack me immediately so I can explain things to her.

I would never do such a thing. Definitely not with Celina.

I despise her. I know I am supposed to have gotten over that but seeing her again brought back my hatred for her.

She does not move. She isn't saying anything either. 

I saunter closer to the bed and sit on the edge before touching her. She flinches and turns away from me.

"Hey, listen to me. It's not what you think you saw", I say in a loud voice, becoming pissed that she isn't even giving me a chance to explain myself.

I allowed her to tell me what happened when this same thing happened to Fred. She was the one who misused the opportunity by not explaining what actually happened.

Now that the tables have turned, she doesn't even want to listen to me which is totally unfair.

Surprised at my tone, she faces me squarely. "Did you just raise your voice at me?"

I shake my head and lower my head down in guilt. "No," I answer. "I didn't mean to raise my voice at you, I just want you to listen to me. Why do you even think I will do such a thing with her?"

Silence ensues. 

Is this a chance to explain?

First of all, I didn't spend the night at home and I didn't bother to call her so she would know that I am not coming home.

I am guilty of that. Because I did that intentionally.

I thought she was going to be worried about me whenever she notices that I am in the house. She clearly told me to leave and that was what I did.

Obviously, she wasn't worried. If she was, she would have called me. But she didn't. She remains that proud woman I fell in love with.

"I'm sorry I didn't come home last night", I apologize finally and she smiles sadly.

"Is there a need to apologize for that?" she retorts sharply. "You can decide to spend the night out with a whore or not. It's your life…"

"What?!" I exclaim loudly, standing upright with adrenaline shooting down my spine.

"Yes, you heard what I said. You went to one of your whores, I know that already."

I scoff, my anger increasing. "Whores? Wow, where the hell is this coming from? Didn't you tell me to get a sex partner if I wish to? Why then does this bother you?" I shout at her. She turns her face away. "I see. I shouldn't have even made any attempt to explain things to you if you were already seeing things in a different light."

"I am not seeing anything…"

"Then explain what you mean by what you just said. You are practically accusing me of infidelity."

She goes silent for a while as she looks thoughtful. "How do you explain what I just saw then?"

I hit my forehead in frustration. This is what I am talking about. 

"I met Celina at my mom's place last night", I begin. "She spent the night there and she asked me to drop her off this morning. That's all. She kissed me because you were coming, didn't you see that?"

She doesn't look convinced and I wonder why when it was so glaring to the eyes that it was not a consensual kiss. I pushed Celina away before I got to know that she was watching us.

"You met Celina at your mom's place?" she asks me and I nod in response. "Where did you spend the night?"

The question catches me off guard. There is absolutely nothing in revealing to her that I spent the night at my mom's place but I don't want her to attach any importance to it since Celina also spent the night there.

Before I can answer her, she demands with visible anger in her expression. "Who is Celina?"

She looks like she is going to burst out anytime soon and I know I just have to answer her this time around or all hell will break loose.

****

It's high time she got to know who Celina is.

Is Ryan speaking the truth? Is there nothing between them? Why is Celina back then?

Air your views and don't forget to vote.❤️