CHAPTER 40

Valerie's POV

There stands Christine Moore.

My favorite guitarist.

My jaws drop open fully and I turn to meet Ryan's gaze. He is smiling proudly and I find myself running into his arms.

We are out of the car already. I couldn't believe my eyes so I had to come down quickly to be sure I am not seeing something wrong.

Christine stands there gracefully, looking extremely handsome in a black cotton jacket on a white purple shirt. He is also wearing a pair of blue purple trousers with a brown leather belt.

He is wearing matching black sneakers too. He has short wavy black hair that fits his entire outfit as he slides the guitar across his body.

I realize I am still in Ryan's arms and I quickly disengage from the hug, a chuckle leaving my mouth.

I have no idea how Ryan got to know about Christine and how much I love his songs but I appreciate whatever effort he has made to bring Christine here.

I have always seen him on TV. When my father's business was still doing well, Brenda, Fred, and I had plans to go to one of his concerts in Paris. I was going to sponsor my trip and that of Brenda's but things changed and we couldn't go.

Fred didn't even offer to sponsor our trip.

Live and direct, Christine is staring back at me with a huge smile on his face. There are two men behind him and suddenly, he begins to play the guitar and he starts to sing as well and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

It's been so long since I felt them. It feels unreal but it is surreal.

I thought they were gone with my best friends. I thought my best friends were the only ones who could give me this much happiness.

I turn to Ryan again. His hands are clasped behind him and it suddenly dawns on me that this is his way of apologizing to me for what he did the other night.

I already forgave him. I was just ignoring him on purpose. But right now, I want to forget everything he has done to piss me off.

"Thank you", I whisper into his ears and I nod at myself.

We stand watching Christine play till it comes to an end and I walk majestically to hug Christine.

It feels like a dream.

"Congratulations", he says with a cute voice that makes me blush.

"Thank you", I answer before realizing that I don't even know what he is congratulating me for. 

Before I can ask, Christine shakes hands with Ryan and I watch them talk like buddies before a big car appears and they all get into it.

He has two hefty bodyguards as well, all dressed in black.

We watch them get in and the car roars to life. It feels like a short dream. It feels like he was never here and I was dreaming the whole thing.

When he is gone, I turn to Ryan. "Congratulations?"

He looks amused for a second before asking. "Aren't you pregnant?"

My mouth is agape. Did he tell Christine that I am married to him and pregnant?

Oh no! My face falls.

"Don't tell me you told him that", I stamp my feet on the floor.

He laughs to himself and then guides me into the restaurant. "Are you in love with a celebrity?"